E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-06-10

Being Aristotle...

"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we'd rather have those because we've acted rightly"
A value is a principle or quality intrinsically valuable or desirable to me. Values are personal. They are my convictions, my beliefs, and my ethics rolled into one. Living in agreement with my value system is fulfilling. Living in conflict with my values is stressful and dissatisfying. Anyone who is truly my friend know I will separate and walk away from anything that is stressful and dissatisfying. I will not live in conflict with my values. As I would never ask anyone else to live in conflict with their own. As I have aged I have committed myself to live with purpose. I am keenly aware of that purpose and I am constantly re-evaluating myself to continue to grow in order to remain steadfast.
My values are my values. I would never have the expectation that anyone bend or change their value system to accommodate me. It is also my expectation that no one ask me to do the same. Yet, that's where I am. I am guilty. Living between a rock and a hard place. I have become the boogie man, the VERY BAD person. You won't acknowledge I heard and accepted your belief. I simply believed I would get , you know THAT proverbial vernacular "the same respect" in return.
LOL... Should have seen it coming. To quote the great street philosopher TuPac, "I ain't mad at cha."

.... Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within every body's power and is not easy. that's Aristotle, not me. It is my new lesson plan for a few months... And I will master it, because as me and my true friends (the people who take the time to know me) say "It is so much more beautiful here. And we won't trade this view for the WORLD!!"

And while you're lurking... see pic below: I am going to enjoy my summer in spite and despite!

No comments: