E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-06-09

06.09.2009

Grand... you were sorely missed. Your first Great-Grand child graduated from High School.. It was pretty cool. Pooh Bear. A Man. And Very handsome indeed.

At dinner, I looked around the table, feeling your presence, yet recognizing your absence. It was bittersweet. Your legacy lives on. Funny... The next graduation will be Nique's in 2012! (LOL)

As usual I called Stacy the "vessel" because the kids look more like me everyday. My braces have caused my bottom lip and smile to look increasingly like theirs. And to boot, they have my reddish brown complexion and not the penny colored one you and Stacy share.

Give my mom, Great Grand, and Great Aunt Clara a huge hug. Let them know I miss them tremendously. Tell Aunt Suzy, "wazzup!!" Yes Ma'm. I know that's not appropriate. I know you're still the adult. Let them all know I love 'em.

BTW Great Grand. I need another poem!
Here's one for you: Stacy, Nique and Pooh!




No comments: