E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-02-19

my mind's checking in on me...

  • okay, Angel, so i've flipped it. ain't it amazing that i am that trendsetter.
  • it's f'd up, that a woman can spit a hella love piece in a slam and not make the grade, because the audience is predominatly a bunch of females looking to get mind-f'd or laid.
  • that i wrote one hella piece and a half that i can't wait to memorize.
  • that at the end of the day, i am def where i need to be, with whom i need to be with, and friends with the people that make me want to be and do better.
  • that we evolved from the card/domino table to the WORLD. (ha!)
  • that the poetry world with the kids is ABSOLUTELY THE MOST REWARDING.
  • that after a couple of years our being raised by old folks has transcended into a lifelong thing. i know i ain't taking ______ into my _______ year.
  • that even though i love mae lou, on days like today, i still miss hip hop.
  • that he and him are STILL my bestest male friends.
  • that they both find the love they deserve and that deserves them. (there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE).
  • that middle girl finds the love baby girl has. it is amazing.
  • that poetry is in my world, it isn't my WORLD.
  • convos with the zen master, damn you are funny and she is soooooo blessed!
  • i miss my magnolia!!!! monday lunches are not the same.
  • that brooklyn is so damn far away, and it houses my two best female poetesses...
  • that you don't hold my not texting against me.
  • how i'm loving lupe and jill live....
  • not going to see jill tonight or tomorrow... BOOOOOOOOO
  • if you were close enough I'd hug you and tell you how much I miss you!
  • and while it seems i'm much too busy, it never means i'm not thinking about you, wondering about you, and knowing that you're all good!
  • that we don't have to talk everyday to know your still in my heart.
  • ain't life f'ing grand!!!!!

4 comments:

Shelle said...

haha yeah i was a lil ticked, i've gotten pretty competitive lol...but its a game...thank you for being there
damn good list...seems pretty grateful to me :)

Ebony Stewart said...

I LOVE this! 100% honest and a side of K.I.M I love to see.

Angel said...

YAY for gratitude!!!!

and please believe, you ARE that trendsetter!!!! ;-)

Mahogany L. Browne said...

last week of august. its official...