E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-09-04

it's raining

last night, i belived
i could taste forever in her tears.
it's bitter sweet saline
damped my tomorrows.
despite our temporary rainstorm,
i knew, without her smile
there was no sunshine in my future.
the sadness in her eyes,
clouds that darkened my skies.
and i prayed,
i prayed to g.o.d
a poem would
flow from my mouth,
create a summer breeze
and blow us past this moment.
a moment that seemed like forever.
when she parted her lips to speak..
the thunderous tone cracked my core,
and i,
well i, could only
turn my face toward the heavens,
open my mouth,
force myself to swallow her sorrow
and be drenched in her pain.


kdtaylor, 2007
section 8 coffee publications
all rights reserved

2 comments:

joey said...

beautiful kim...just beautiful.

Ebony Stewart said...

So you know you gotta finish that one RIGHT!