E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-08-16

two days latter

That's me at the beginning of my poetry week... mouth open... in Mo's writing workshop. Goofing off in front of the camera...
I know not to blog to early, as I am emotional, and emotions bleed from my pages. With the negativity behind me, and in the BIG scheme of things it was soooooo small. 'cUZ EVERYTHING ELSE IS HUGE! THANK G.O.D. FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF AUGUST!!!
My poetry vacation started out cool.. Mo came down and did the Institute. Damn good show as always and the highlight of the week was not just the capacity filled ballroom (TO SEE AND HEAR POETRY!!!) it was also the capacity filled workshop she conducted. It was HUMBLING to watch educators, parents, social workers, substance abuse counselors, write poems about themselves. DANG!!!! To see the smiles upon their faces while writing a poem about themselves. Then placed in small groups to write GROUP POEMS about their GROUP!! Hella cool. Who said you couldn't do a group piece in fifteen minutes. They were amazing and entertaining.
One hella show at the Blanton came a day later. Neo made me so proud.... Truly..
The weekend included a "street show", a night of jazz and poetry which was as hot as the night's temperature. Again the Team did well. They were ON POINT......
Sunday, PURPLE ticklers and bag stuffing.... HAHAHAHAHAHA I got a black one!!!
Monday, I was so damn excited I could hardly contain myself. Early arrivals... Man a lot of hard work. Again thanks for all people who participated in the volunteer efforts. You did that... No matter how small you believe the contribution.... even if you stuffed bags!!! You did that and thanks...
My girl Vicki created and donated t-shirts to the Team.... They loved them... It made me so happy....
Tuesday was the hardest night. I watch Neo go up without me. I have ALWAYS REP'D NEO, so this HURT LIKE A MUTHER... DAMN.. it was bittersweet and I experienced A LOT OF regret... One day I'll trust someone with these emotions. Not today.. HOWEVER...I was so happy and proud of their week long effort. Of the Woman who emerged as a leader... and the Women who came though as performers... Of everyone who stepped up and out of themselves.
By Wednesday, I was tired.... so tired... Dominoes late night was off the chain!!!! We kicked ass.. We gotta go gambling somewhere with that partnership! HAHAHAHA
Earned the nickname Domino (from Jive) for the game against my partner 7... You had to be there. I was drunk and tired. The brother, 7, has love from me for life, he put up with my bs so well....
Thursday, I was the walking glazed over... 9am to 5am ain't no joke.... I could go on and on and on about the positive, because there was sooooooooooooo much.
I mean the week, has been one of my yearly highlights for the last 4 years... can't wait till next year.....
NEO, MO, NUYO, JIVE, QUEEN SHEBA, DASHA, OZ, THE STALKER PIECE, THE WIZARD OF OZ PIECE (fcking clever!), Q, MAZE FOREVER, COPA, THE MIRROR PIECE, THE WOMEN'S READING, SEVEN, BROTHER SAID, MANNY, WILL DA REAL ONE, CHUNKY, LOUDER, KILLEEN, ANGEL H, ANGLE W, FRANCIE, MZ JACKSON, JO VZ, ERICA, GAS PRICES, WHOOPIECAT, KATT, MISSY, PIMP JUICE, DOMINOES, CARDS, HYATT, LATE NIGHT TALKS, WALKS, VOLUNTEERS, EVERYONE, POETRY, POETS, GOD, MOST HIGH, WEED, BEER, STARBUCKS, EVERYONE, TOO MANY TO LIST, JIBBERISH, JIBBERISH, JIBBERISH, THANKS MIKE FOR CALLING ME...

2 comments:

Shelle said...

you already know i missed you being there with us, but the contributions were great stepping stones...
keep the postive, keep it moving...and thank you for reminding me to be fearless

Copasetic Soul said...

it would have been nice to have attended that workshop. yo, im a witness to you working ya azz off for NPS.....

the late night sessions, where my favorite part of the whole week. it felt good to let loose and just be....

i miss you, the neo family and austin.