E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-03-07

Marching Thankfully

01) G.O.D. Good orderly direction. Even when I don't want to listen or follow.
02) The opportunity to host last week. I DO NOT MISS IT! UGH!
03) My girls (in alpha order!) Angel, Ebony, Mo and Tina. You guys have really been encouraging. And I cannot thank you enough for your honest support. Truly. Mo I cannot wait until the Summer. Ebony and Angel what are we doing about NOLA in April? Jillio! PIL love you much. Didn't forget.
04) The boy child. I really wish I had thought it over when I made a decision not to become a mother. I get so much from him. God definitely knew what he was doing when he placed him in my life. Really.
05) Exercising. Damn I'm... ugh, out of shape.
06) 3 Times by Baybid. I play it every morning....
07) The show on Saturday. I am so excited.
08) The strength and patience, plus encouragement from YOU to get all my tickets cleared up. Yes, I feel a lot better. I'm thinking I could be friends with you forever. REALLY!
09) UIL Boys basketball. I have a date with the boy child and baby hustle on Thursday.
10) Resiliency. I now know what it truly means to bounce back. Well something happened, should not have been a surprise. Caught me off guard. Not really, nothing traumatic, but..... I'm just being a f'ing poet.
11) The text from you. Sorry I was sleep. See number 5!
12) My sister.
13) New projects. New poems.

BONUS: an e-mail I got this week. yes. it was good to hear from you.
XTRA Bonus: the day i felt like SHIT and a stranger told me I was beautiful. (my self esteem is not that low, it did feel good though.)
XXTRA Bonus: Random sightings. I'm glad you were there in case I got arrested. HA! He's growing into a MAN......
XXXTRA Bonus: Cute restaurants and sunshine...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great list lady....

you're such a blessing in everything you do for people and i want you to know that it never goes unnoticed... thanks ma!

Copasetic Soul said...

i knew you were beautiful from the first blog response....and then the week of nationals, only confirmed it.

love ya sis!

Ebony Stewart said...

Good list!
And David is a damn fool!
Just let me know about NOLA...since I start my real job next week I'll need to let them know.

Hearts curve

joey said...

so, i'm a little misty from the post above...she's lucky to have your words.

sweet list! (you know i was scurred just sitting there!)