E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-03-24

I Love...

I'm looking at you and thinking; how did we get here... but I know how. The romantic in me wants to think it was something special... It has been, but not without hard work. I'm listening to you talk to him... "we've been waiting at the airport since the day you left." And I am reminded of why I love you.... your wit. your humor. But it's so much more and I know that. I once asked you why you loved me and you said you didn't know why. For a moment it hurt me.. Then you said, "If I had a reason, if that reason went away maybe I wouldn't love you as much.. So I'm happy and satisfied with just the feeling of loving you."
On days like today. it's not that I love you more, it's just the newness of discovering another way, and being reminded of why I fell in love with you in the first place. You're so very right. There is no real reason, just a flutter of my heart, and belief that I wouldn't trade this place, this space in time for nothing else, that I'm enjoying the ride, and thanking God for placing you in my life.... Really...

1 comment:

Angel said...

i just asked someone a similar question a couple of days ago: "why do you want me?"

he said " because you're smart, funny, beautiful, and you keep me on my toes..." can you see me blushing over here????? :-)