E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-01-16

Snowed In (Not really, but really)

My friends on the other coast are probably laughing their asses off. No seriously. Austin, Texas, no CENTRAL TEXAS, is shut the hell down due to ice and snow. Early Saturday morning the electricity at the local HEB was off due to issue related to bad weather. By Sunday night there was no bread, water, CANNED BISCUITS?, or soup left on the shelves. Because I believe I was an Easterner in a previous life (New Englander preferably) I didn't panic and planned on getting fire wood after a get together for a friend, I missed out on fire wood, good movies, and any possibility for a good snack or homemade chicken pot pie. Which sucks! The fireplace was still cool as it is gas, so.. we burned the remaining logs and just allow the fire to continue to burn.. The ashes makes it appear authentic. HA.
I've eaten all I can eat, from chili to oreos to egg nog flavored ice cream to microwave popcorn to chicken fajitas, should I go on? UGH! I tried to walk over to the Club House in my neighborhood to work out. Ugh, not a good idea. And to make matters worse, I tried to venture out (in a rear wheel drive sports car) to the store for you guessed it, more junk. I did well until the damn ice began to fall from the sky, it wouldn't melt from the windshield, I turned around five minutes into the trip. (I forgot to place wax on the windshield, it collected relatively quickly and I couldn't see anything clearly). I have cabin fever like a mutha... I open the door every half hour or so...
While you can never cuddle or sleep enough, my back's starting to hurt... I've reduced myself to an all time low, 7 straight hours of reality television. Mo, the white rapper show is funny though... We've talked, played games, watched movies... But hell, I know there's something else out there.. THERE HAS TO BE...
No, I'm kidding... I'm enjoying the qt. But I am missing that Texas sunshine... I have to rethink that whole I want to live where they have four seasons stuff... seriously.

OH AND A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO ANGEL FOR BEING A DISTRACTION ON THURSDAY NIGHT! (how's that?)

3 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

Haha Angel!
And i'm right there with you on the reality tv...and you already know he can't stand it! Lol.

Angel said...

damn fake ass snowed in austin! you'd better not be eating my ice cream either! yeah, don't think i forgot you brought me the WRONG pint last time--trying to be slick!

BigSleep666 said...

I love the "If you're dissing the sisters, you ain't fighting the power" graphic! Love it!