E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-01-12

Wednesday til Today...

Let's see, Wednesday was just "a'ight".

Naw, it was pretty cool. Especially since I know it's gonna be hard to get back to. It felt good to chill in the corner like I once did. Talking and moving about. Observing. Taking it all in. Laughing. Encouraging. Listening. I've been to a few poetry spots the last couple of weeks. Pretty much doing the same thing. Observing and listening. Taking it all in. Working in the lab. It's been so long since I had an opportunity to listen to what the poet is actually saying, as opposed to formulating the next move, attempting to keep the show going. It's refreshing. And the slam was mad hott!!!!

Wednesday served as the backdrop for many very valuable lessons.
1) Working on positive, nurturing relationships have benefits. My girl was having a little dilemma, and I, along with another had an opportunity to experience mutual trust and respect in adult friendship. By listening, offering personal experiences, and words of encouragement. Thanks for believing that we could listen, be positive and supportive.
AND
2) You can never silence your critics, but you can live above the criticism. Again the view is so much better from here.
AND
3) You trying to hurt her, will never hurt anyone but you. Let go. Your pain is pretty transparent and apparent. Believe that.

Thursday. Joe Bizzle, Trey Shizzle and Miss Nubia are way cool to allow me to perform with them. Can't wait for the show. It will be hot. They are a very lively bunch. Creative. Talented. Bold. Most of all youthful. I pray I do for you what has been done for me. I believe in you and your talents. Thanks for believing in me.

Friday. Just found out that I'm gonna be out the next six weeks straight. We're now down two people in my Department, with no help in sight, so more work travel. I'm still on the grind, trying to move up the corporate ladder, so....

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

WHY DO I MISS THE HOT ASS SLAMS???

You seem to be doing lots of growing...nice to see ma.

Angel said...

what about me????? i was a "pleasant distraction" if i do say so myself!!!! ;-)

Ebony Stewart said...

Appropriately stated, and you know...it needed to be said. And you and her are the only ones in that circle that may can hurt...hearts curve.