E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-09-21

I believe heaven must be like this.. ray of sunshine

I have found the wedding song.... Okay. I'm ahead of myself. I am literally feeling crazy. So I need to slow down and back up. Well, maybe not even back up. Chose my words a bit more carefully.

".... Can't tell you nothing you ain't already heard. No matter what I say, it's nothing but words.. just let prove to you what I know what I know is real. Let me express to you the way that I feel......"

Words
Anthony David feat. India.Aire

Sometimes you hear something, and it reminds you of everything pure and real. Reminds you of everything that is good about the courtship, the inception of a love affair..... the innocence, desire and need.. need to be in their presence, for nothing other than an opportunity to catch whatd it may, or can feel like, you now forever.. good or bad.. I have truly found the love of my life... and if I allowed, if given the opportunity... well... I almost said something I never believed I would say out loud. But I would do the do and honeymoon, making it as Keith Sweat would sang.. "it last for ever.." I love the new John Legend, well, you see his video on the side... Maxwell's Extended version of "Cops Come Knockin'" or "Softly Sweetly" (ya'll don't know nuthin' bout that, that's from Sweetback's (Sade's band) Album. Maxwell by the way is working on a new cd.... I can think about the night I heard Believe, then later You both by Raheem DeVaughn.. I cried and fell in love for the last time.... Olu and Me'shell... (first cd is still a classic Plantation Lullabies). The first time I heard Anthony Hamilton's Chyna Black... and Jill Scott... to this day, I'm like.. and Floetry, well... hell... Erykah Badu.. My Eyes are Green... I mean until those days I was not a fan of anything... and now.. well, I've been chilling to Gone by Esthero and Cee - Lo Green.. okay, I can think of a million songs.. but right now I am going to hum the hella out of Anthony until Tuesday.. And if you YouTube the video it ain't gonna do shyt, hit up, BET.COM, music, listen up and do the damn dang...

4 comments:

Angel said...

there are certain songs that ALWAYS put me in that place, no matter when, where, or why...
"my first love" by rene and angela (although i also like the remake by avant and keke wyatt) and "i go crazy" by will downing (it's also a remake originally done by paul davis). those songs just make me...sigh...they just make me...sigh...yeah...

Ebony Stewart said...

I feel this like maaannn.
Tyrese-Lately, Jon Legend-Cloud 9, Mint Condition-Pretty Brown Eyes...YEEESSSS!
And any Luther will do.
All of them for the most part make me think about Love.

CousinSarah said...

ditto to all those songs..
I have really been in that place to. I cant get enough of "Faithful to You" by Syleena Johnson right now. That whole cd is tight.

D'Angelo's Lady and Alright.

YOU AINT EVEN LYIN about "my eyes are green"

Force MD's Love is a House

Tyrese-Sweet Lady

Ditto to any Luther...

70's Groove by Janet Jackson

Christopher Williams Good Lovin and Come Go With Me

Troop-I will always love you

Let Me be the one by intro

Outside my Door- Me'chelle THIS SONG OH MY GOD. Thats all I can say about that one.

Ok let me stop...
yes I have been in a straight neo soul, classic soul, grown R&B place for a while now.

joey said...

happy for you, so happy. you deserve this happiness, the completeness that comes in partnership...you deserve