E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-06-22

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE DANCED?

I have been listening to a couple of cds lately.. Gnarls Barkley and the new Donell Jones.. Life has been much too hectic and I think it slipped out last night as Joe Beazie and I performed a broke, tired watered down rendition of Killing me Softly (Fugees). Practice, work, and life have been kicking my arse... I will terminate two contracts this month.. Which means at least one will result in some complaint of sort.... Which means legal, court proceedings, which means I have to do a lot of work now to avoid future work and heartache... Emotionally... Well, let's just say I'm out there so I have spurts where I want to cry because I am so tired and can't think .... Oh, I've been writing. I can't tell what's good bad or indifferent, because I want to do well at nationals.. Enough of that.... Man.. I miss ya Brooklyn (relent, t-t, guy, and mo!).. Oklahoma (slumping slump... I will try to catch up with my reading next week while in yet another hotel somewhere in Texas) da lew... missin' you too. Got your message Q will e-mail you something later, and yes Copa, I'm ignoring your requests, how many times we gotta say we got you, we got you, now I'm a little further out than most, kind of like creve couer to downtown (cousin sarah, you think that's accurate?)........ All we need to know is when are you bring your butt down here... austin homepoets, missing you like AC in the Texas heat.. And you know how hot's been.... poetinlaw we better see a DAMN POEM REAL QUICK! Angel, I'll get it next week. cousin I miss im'ing you a million times a day!!!!
thir13teen

7 comments:

Angel said...

Again, let me reiterate...YALL BETTER SHOW YALL'S WHOLE ASSES IN AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!! (meant in only the "hearting-est" of ways too) :)

CousinSarah said...

13-I miss you too. And I love you for the constant push and confidence. I just love you.

CousinSarah said...

For Copa, yeah I would say that distance is about right. Look man, I got an extra bunk. My baby sleeps on the top, you can sleep on the bottom. LOL, I dont know where the hell I am goin but I know I am in the mix of thangs.

Unknown said...

Brooklyn misses you too. We'll be home soon chica!!

Lyrically speaking said...

Nice blog, I enjoyed reading your post

SLUMP FACADE said...

The Gnarls Barkley cd is one of the best out this year, soak it up little mama...!

Mahogany L. Browne said...

ok. so i got my ticket til aug 16th! more than enough time for us to ack a fool! :)