E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-06-21

MIAMI WHO?

I don't have much time for anything. Work. Practice. I have been writing quite a bit. Have been given multiple writing assignments and once the "slam season" is over, I believe I will be a better writer and performer. Even if I wind up single with no social skills, cuz all i do is hang out with imaginative folk.

Anyway.. I called if, if it wouldn't be the SPURS it would be the HEAT. Congratulations Alonzo Mourning and Gary Payton. They are two of my ALL-TIME favorite basketball players... Along with my ALL TIME FAVORITE COACH - Pat Riley.. I am an old school die-hard Laker fan... Not the Kobe era bull-shyt.... As fate would have it, I missed the entire game due to practice......

I had both your jerseys as a tomboyish little girl.

Zo.. Georgetown Hoya t-shirts were all I EVER WANTED TO WEAR during basketball practice. I had five, but they were in constant rotation. I didn't get rid of your rookie Charlotte Hornets jersey until I gained too much weight and knew I'd never fit into it after my second knee surgery. I also believed, that I wwould never be that tomboyish girl again. I took a picture inside your locker at the basketball hall of fame, the year I believed your health would not allow you to return to the NBA. And all throughout your career I called you a beautiful man, inside and out... We share a special bond must too personal for this public space (no I don't have his secret love child!) I am ever so happy for you in this moment.

Gary!!!! Arrogance and attitude will take you anywhere and everywhere! Look where we are BABY.. ON TOP OF THE WORLD! FCK 'em if they can't take a joke. We can! I believe you are one of the best defensive players to play the game... and have on of the BIGGEST HEARTS. The charity work you do NEVER MAKES THE NEWS, NOR DO YOU BRAG ABOUT IT... A SILENT SOULDIER.. I feel and hear you. And at 38... Pushing 39 anyday... You can say you did it and you have it.. Wish it would have happened back in Seattle....

Now for the SPUR CONNECTION:
Derek Anderson (shown in photo with Gary Payton, was once a Spur (2000-2001, before being traded to Portland).
Shandon Anderson (not shown) is the younger brother of Spur Willie Anderson (1988-1994). Willie also played for the Miami Heat before retiring.
And Shaq.. Well we have a love hate relationship with him. But he graduated from a San Antonio area High School... And attended Spurs camp! HA

4 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Girl if you get too much better, I will get kicked out the mentee program. LOL.

I am glad to hear and SEE you improving on your art, which you already underestimate.

Shelle said...

Life is consumed with poetry right now or poetry has consumed me...all good all good.
came in last night, dad said, did you see the game? uh no, in fact NONE of them. Dad, from the time we walk in til the time we walk out the door...its alllll practice, there are NOOOOOO breaks...i don't know if he believed me...right now i don't care.

Raquita said...

yo I'm gonna write cause you let my boys have there moment! :) i been screaming Heat since Shaq left, I couldn't love him as a laker... CAn't love the lakers with Kobe on the team.. but that's another post.. I've missed you - e-mail me those assignments and I'll do them too!!! Glad you are back.

Angel said...

like i commented to shelle, all i know is, yall better show yall's EN-TIE-ER asses in august!!!!!! cause i cant take much more of this crazy practice schedule!!!!!!!!!