E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-06-27




SUGAR WATER FESTIVAL

SAY WHAT MOTHFCKR!!!!!

August 3, 2006 Nokia Theatre @ Grand Prairie, Texas

Jill Scott!!!!!!!Floetry!!!Erykah Badu!!!!Queen Latifah!

oh my gosh!!!! I am sitting here going out of my mind!!!! I am going to be broke, as I am buying my little sister tickets for her all time fav Mary J Blige... And now, a poet's dream has come fcking true... The REALIST, My favorites... The bottoms are finally bringing the SUGAR WATER TOUR to Texas. Last year it only got as close as Las Vegas, and it was much too expensive (considering we live in TX. And I was planning to go to the National Slam a couple of days later) ... Baby thanks for being patient and not holding my passion for poetry against me.... It paid off like a MOTHER!!!! I thank you for standing by me, lovingly as I tried to piece together the tour for you. We saw Erykah Badu, Floetry and Jill Scott.. All separately.. Jill Scott was our first official date... Before that we "tried to be casual".. (that's another fcking story) AND NOW WE GET TO GO TO THE MECCA..... On other notes.. Yes, I have been writing. Will post some stuff in a couple of weeks. Got back safe went to practice... I am teamed up with some bad motherfckrs.. Including our coach, who I am renaming Soprano.... Who is one of the baddest MEN I know......

3 comments:

Shelle said...

I am screaming right now are you f***ing serious!!
i had no idea this is what u meant!!
still jumping up and down....oh god YES!!

CousinSarah said...

Why does the universe have a cosmic conspiracy to NOT let me see Erykah? Seriously. I need to cry now. Im still trying to figure out how to make it happen, but it aint lookin good.

Damn havin to have an income.

Angel said...

uh, where is grand prairie and how long does it take to get there from austin? is this a "couple's thing" or are date-crashers invited too??? :)