E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-06-28

e! you just ran across my mind...... impromptu 4 you.......

The thought
of her
stills me
in technocolor.
She
etches wishes
into haunting realities;
chisels inspiration
upon my soul.
And, I,
wait
in
wondered
awe.
In state of
puzzled - complexity.
Jaggedly,
forcing a forged
path
thru jig-sawed
life's choices,
wanting
completion.
Wanting to be her missing piece, so that I may be full filled.
Wanting to be the peace that will make her whole. (Again.)
Truth is -
she needs nothing
from me.
Yet the thought of her
steals all technocolor
in me.
Leaving imprints,
floating in the
absence of light, speed and sound,
void of her.
To be birth
of whispered idea
two weeks from today,
just to be found upon her lips.
To be seed
of budding flowers,
one spring morning from the autumn
of this season,
just to feel her touch.
To be rise in smile
when beauty catches her eye
two years past dawn,
just to be on her mind.
To be single tear from cloud
falling upon her cheek
at dusk on the eve
of Neveruary,
just to be a part of her imagination.
To be the Fall of her Spring,
when arthritic fingertips
run softly past her lips,
mimicking youthful kisses,
just to be a part of her every memory of love.
To be last footstep, kneel in prayer
or final breath from lungs
in this world,
just to be the first cry in her next lifetime.
Just to be (with)
her.
Grow old with me.
If loving her is as wrong as they say;
to be arms wrapped 'round her waist
or draped 'cross her shoulders
at earth's end, when hell freezes over -
I shall be stilled
or burn in eternal damnation.
Just to share the look in her eyes.
I am stilled in technocolor
at the thought of her.
I am going no where.
Without her I am.
Without her I can never.
Be .
(Again).

7 comments:

Shelle said...

i do believe this is one of your better pieces...i can't stop reading it, it just feels so healing...and beautiful to read.

bRandy said...

it feels so real...like you simply took your heart out of your chest and put it here, on this page, for us to see...i love it.

CousinSarah said...

Kim,
Sometimes it just feels repetitive. You are an amazing writer. You have an uncanny ability to make the reader taste, feel, touch from your imagery.

Glad to be the mentee, all I can say. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!

SLUMP FACADE said...

For whom was this piece written? I love the power of your words, how much will it cost me to have some wispered into my ear;?

Shelle said...

there is such a melodic feel to this...as is most of your work...told ya i can't stop reading it...
i like the rewrite

Angel said...

damn all this poetic cataclysmic love!!!!! i want somebody to write love pieces about me too!!!! oh, wait...i think i might have found someone willing to do that... :O