E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-06-16

What uppers... been writing quite a bit... super busy at work, so I'm not able to post as much... Week since Wednesday..
Wednesday
I got back from my business trip and went to the slam on the other side of town... totally fcked up situation. I sat from 7:05 pm to 8:05 pm, only to be told along with the remainder of the group of poets wanting to participate... "you may get a ticket that says next week, which means you will be guaranteed a spot for the NEXT SLAM... WTF! I have to HOST next week this is the only FREE WEDNESDAY I HAVE IN A MINUTE. What did I pull? Next Week. Frustrated and angry, I went over to our spot... Entered the slam. I had an amazing night, if I must pop my collar. And our crowd was not favorable to me because I am a "regular." They were giving tremendously fair and equitable scores... Anyway, long story short.. I tie with a "certain poet up I 35", who true to form does his love pieces. Well, I mean, I can't beat a man in a STR8T VENUE with no damn love poem so I do BURN.... I mean, hell I want to win, too. I've been learning secret techniques in the art of slam. He put names in his piece made littel references to the women in the venue, including me.... So I decided to incorporate some of his poem into mine, along with references to wear he lives and our venue... I mean it was only FAIR .... Now, I could tell he was "hot" to say the least... So, I decided I would take "some" of my winnings and give them to him, to show the money wasn't IMPORTANT.. I "JUST" wanted to have fun and defend our house... I mean B-FRAN had already put a LOCK ON HIS VENUE THE PREVIOUS WEEK... Did he think we'd return the favor and let him put a lock on ours? HELLTADANAW.... But, this is what I have to say.. FCK IT IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE... and if you're talking..... to quote my piece... i won't say here or where... but so the next time my ears are burning this piece and your fragile ego are BLOWING THE FCK UP RIGHT NOW... 'cept mine in a good way.... It just shows... well, you know what it shows....
Thursday
Practice... we got to relish in our victories... WAY TO GO MICHELLE.... 50!! Winning in S.A. and of course... B-Fran wins in Dallas and Ft Worth..
this is hard work.... but, I would not trade this experience for the world. Bet..
Today -
Well' it's Friday.... What more can I say....

4 comments:

Angel said...

what more can i say??? i can say you ROCKED the HELL outta that piece boo! loved how you channeled anger to increase the passion/intensity of the piece. hey, you did what anyone else would do in a competitive situation--you utilized a strategy. aint nobody mad but the devil...and he aint too mad 'cause he also loves to hear you do "burn..." :)

bRandy said...

glad you put the gas can on here cause you were fire! great job...i actually got excited again at neo soul...you're always the poet who can bring that back out of me--congrats in the victory, you deserved it!

SLUMP FACADE said...

Hate I missed you rip shop, don't worry, I'll let you make it up to me in August!

CousinSarah said...

Uh ditto, ditto and I uh, I got to see it. It is awesome to see you push yourself. Not only do I get to watch you grow, I get the benefits of you pushin me towards the same growth. :)

Love ya mama....keep lightin that match baby...