E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-19

untitled...

there are very few days
of whine
and roses.
her thorns
drip
bloodied ink
canvassing my path
of distraught
destruction.
i endlessly wind
thru chasms of
shattered thought,
cracked vision,
disconnected verse
and perverted prose.
our pain takes me nowhere,
yet anywhere
and everywhere
her wind blows...
i go
and ye shall follow -
i am.
a broken poet whose lost
her voice.
plagiarism runs
thru veins
along psalms
printed a top palms,
once sacrificed,
twice her martyr.
i.
self seeking,
translucent
gratification.
i do this
for no one.
i spit not to save any life
other than my own...
or promote a cause,
that is not my burden
to bear.
No profound message
Or meaning,
shall be written
upon the stars...
yet ye follow northern light
on spark of my tongue..
i am not a prophet,
nor am i a GOD
i am the
second short-coming
of sinful redemption's transgression...

to be continued......
kdtaylor/thir13teen 2006
Section 8 Coffee Publications
all rights reserved.....

5 comments:

SLUMP FACADE said...

...plagiarism runs thru veins
along psalms printed a top palms,
once sacrificed, twice her martyr." Shyte, moved me. Humble poet, huh?

Shelle said...

"thru chasms of shattered thought, cracked vision, disconnected verse, and preverted prose...our pain takes me nowhere, but anywhere and everywhere her wind blows...i go"
like the word usage and sharpness of it.
can't wait to hear the rest of it

CousinSarah said...

i am not a prophet,
nor am i a GOD
i am the
second short-coming
of sinful redemption's transgression...


Girl this whole piece is tight. I also copied the part I saw shelle did...and the one slump did. Ok, you are makin favorites harder homie.

Angel said...

"self seeking,
translucent
gratification.
i do this
for no one.
i spit not to save any life
other than my own..."

I love the whole thing (and also like the parts that were previosuly mentioned), but this stanza spoke to me the loudest...'cuz best believe you are saving more lives than you could possibly know...

Mahogany L. Browne said...

ok. so when are you here?