E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-18


5 minutes with Thir13Teen
the prolific spoken word artist and current host of Neo-Soul (SFE Entertainment). I sound good already

If money didn't matter what would you do with your life? Become a full time student. I would go to New England and obtain an MFA and PhD. from Smith, Mt. Holyoke, Dartmouth or Yale. (fck. Harvard). Then chill at Walden....

What's the biggest misconception about you? I don't want to know the truth about myself or my character... I only want to hear what will make me happy.

Beauty or brains? Brains. I love intelligence, quick wit and sarcastic humor.

What is your weapon of choice? Words, baby. That's the only way I fight.

Who was your first celebrity crush? I guess maybe, Robert Hooks from the White Shadow. I love cute nerds.. You hear that Funky Mike? I love cute nerds.....

What's your family's nickname for you? My Grand had a way of calling me her favorite grandchild when ever we greeted by phone or in person.... I miss that. My Dad calls me KD....

What is your most embarrassing guilty pleasure? My $1000.00 a year crack addiction at Starbuck's Coffee.

What's the last book you've read? Zora Neale Hurston: A Life in Letters (thanks Brandy).

Name one thing that scares you? Dying alone.

What's the biggest mistake you've made? Not staying with my grand, the night I won the San Antonio Slam. That was our very last time together.

Who would you cast to play you in a movie about you? Regina King

If you ran for President of the United States, who would be your running mate? Hillary Clinton, somebody's got to be there when it get's ugly.

Who is your favorite TV mom? Peggy Hill from King of the Hill.

What's the fastest way to pick a fight with you? Not be courteous of my time. If you're gonna be late, fcking call.

If you could tell one person to shut up, who would it be? Probably myself every time I'm about to stick my foot in my mouth.

Who would you die for? They're already dead. I would love to be courageous and list names, but I truly believe it would be spontaneous.... The act of dying for another....

Name one celebrity whom you would never procreate under any circumstances? Flava Flav.

It would be an honor if some said my writing/poetry reminded them of_____________. Etheridge Knight or Chris Lee.

Name one sex act you would never perform if you were the opposite sex? Don't come near my ass with anything....

Would you ever pose for Playgirl/Playboy? Huh, no?

When was the last time you cried? A couple of weeks ago.

What's the greatest personal tragedy you've ever experienced? The death of my village.

Complete this sentence: By this time next year______________. I will be published."
Now do I really have to name you guys? You know who you are.... Can't wait...

2 comments:

Angel said...

thanks so much for sharing boo! love it when you give us little bits and pieces of yourself--makes us eager to stick around and learn more about you! :)

Shelle said...

awww u don't think Flava Flav is a cute lil insect...just imagine how he kisses LOL LOL LOL