E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-20

lucid

i.
once heard
the passing
of a new year
in a single tear..
it slid down my cheek
with the crack of fire works
exploding!
in the backdrop
of my yesterdays; (while)
singe ing
shadowed hope
linger ing
in my tomorrows.
today?
a silenced boom!
tick/tock ing
with every grain of sand
falling,
flooding,
my mind.
time.
passes me by.
we.
distant strangers
sharing
a stranger path
to destined
(k)no(w) wheres
hidden behind the
duplicity
of truth.
i.
once heard death
of a moment
in the crack of a smile
and the weight
of my footsteps.
words grimaced thro
distorted perception
blinded vision
bleak, dark, and painful.
each step
aligned
(with) stagnant desperation.
neither
light nor heavy.
the burden.
i.
could
taste
bitterweet/stenched
disappoint
in my heir;
(a tear drop) :
cutting along the salient
smoke filled
surface of
our existence...
u never see it.
u never feel
the erratic pulsations
(and)
hear the distant rhythm
of (our) conjoined
congestive
lives
riding along the
chaffed ash
of a cracked smile;
under the weight
of footsteps
drenched in
lucid tears...

kdtaylor/thir13teen
section 8 coffee publications 2006
all rights reserved..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know your link has changed. I haven't been able to make it out to poetry night yet. It's a logistics issue really...I live way out in the burbs and to make it out would a bit difficult. My husband made it one night though...definitely hyped me up about going. As soon as I see a way, I'll check it out.

SLUMP FACADE said...

I felt lost in the piece, trying to grasp the images, however, Jimmy's digging raps so keep soul searching...

CousinSarah said...

i.
could
taste
bitterweet/stenched
disappoint
in my heir;

wow 13, nice play/use of words

Angel said...

"i.
once heard
the passing
of a new year
in a single tear..
it slid down my cheek
with the crack of fire works
exploding!
in the backdrop
of my yesterdays"

no words kim. no words...