E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-10

On days when I feel densely dark. I am reminded that I have potential and that I can get by.. On days when I am rough and gruff, believing that there is nothing and no one, worth a smile or my time... I am reminded that now that I have you I can never truly be alone... I guess you have come to know, what I am unable to see, recognize or convince myself daily ... I am no longer the person I was, before I met you.. I thank you.... I thank you for saying yes to me every morning thru prayers, words and gestures.. I thank you for letting me know that we can share each other's last names or make on up of our own if we so desire.. But I love being a seamstress to your foundation. You are my brick and mortar, I, your needle and thread... ... I thank you for agreeing to make a home with me. I thank you for loving me... I thank you for seeing... Even though a couple hundred miles separate us this night, and the only thing we share are armless, faceless hug thru telephone wires and a rerun of CSI... Thanks for knowing, and showing that I can be valuable to someone.. Thanks allowing me to be your diamond in the rough... I love you...

5 comments:

Angel said...

singing and crying loudly..."like sweet morning dew, i took one look at you, and it was plain to see, you were my destiny..." i tell ya, that black love aint nothing to play with! fa real fa real! ;)

bRandy said...

"But I love being a seamstress to your foundation."

that was beautiful...not just that part, but the whole thing. i continue to be amazed at your ability to convey a message in ways few others can even begin to...

Copasetic Soul said...

wow...thats what love is all about!feeling as if someone is right next
to you...even though they are really miles away!

Shelle said...

sigh, now this is truly beautiful...love can be wonderful.

seamstress to your foundation...damn

CousinSarah said...

Essence of blind love illustrated.

What sweetness and beauty. Its hard to find a love like that...hold on sister hold on.