E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-09

It was hot!!!! No, it really was. I think I sweat at least a couple inches off my waist and back.. The area I generally refer to as bra fat... HA! I had a great time.. We taunted the Lancaster team most of the afternoon... LB Wilson put it down.. There were some record breakers and heartbreakers..... All in all a pretty fine weekend. I didn't go to VYP (Vince Young All-Sta Party) on Friday, as the heat had beat me down.. And also, I'm learning, AGAIN, that it's really not my thing. Aside from that I've chilled with the infamous Cut Creator, seen and heard Kid Capri before, I'm not a UT fan, even though I've heard Vince Young is a sweetheart, and I really don't care for Ray J... Not like I know him personally, but, I don't care for his music or his "persona", I mean HOW HARD CAN MOESHA'S (Brandi's) LITTLE BROTHER BE? He ain't gone kick too many asses. Always trying to mean mug somebody, hunnnn. Anhh, and his body reminds me of my 15 year old nephew (euwww) Actually, my nephew is bigger... But I did, after some fantastic races, and went down to the Urban Music Festival After-Party, after I attended a friend of mine's private party. Chris Rock was right with his undercover conservative ass... And my black ass is as white as his and tiger woods.. I kid you not. I was looking out of the glass windows at the nonsense that was occurring..... Within one half hour there had been at least four - five fights.... People were firing up joints in front of the police thinking "I'm not gone get arrested." and they were immediately hancuffed. People wouldn't clear the area. Outright harassment of others. Now.. I could jump on the APD ain't shyt train.. IT WASN'T THE APD I WAS AFRAID OF, IT WAS THE FCKING NI'CAHS... The bottom line was these were not Austinites on the street, or maybe there were and they "forgot" about Mardi Gras, when the APD commenced to whupping a bunch of nondescript asses. Better yet, the previous SXSW when they put the beat down on a band for taking the music to the street and violating the noise ordinance? There are some bad cops... This I know.. But guess what, the bad mofos needed to be on the street this weekend. Even at the "EVENT" you know the actual relay? They (You know the ones) refused to move, and continued loitering under the stands. Believe it or not there are a bunch of races going on up stairs? That's why they CAME... WHY DID YOU COME? I refer to it as the ghetto fashion show.... Don't know shty about track, just want to be seen.... You know, and don't get me wrong... I love the black social season, it occurs once a year... But I don't love the nonsense, and some of it was just bullshit, and it's not just the "people of color" it's everybody. So, the mounted officers made me feel a bit safer. The police standing in circles in the middle of the street made me feel a little safer... And yes, at 3:00 am when my in-lawed family and I made our way to our cars with cash and equipment, I was happy that the police were just outside the door and that they were a block away from our vehicles after me made the drop off... Was it unnecessary? For me, a resounding no.... I even told the cops, after unsuccessfully getting the crowd to move for over an hour and a half... "If you tear gas them and shoot rubber bullets I will support you wholeheartedly. Matter of fact, be on television co-signing your actions." Because they needed to clear folks' asses from the streets. Often, we don't know how to have a good time, and know our limitations, when enough is enough... See, it's like the well known closing statement, "you ain't got to go home, just get the hell outta here..."

No comments: