E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-04

okay.. i'm a little nutty

sarah... let's just say this is number 7.....okay.... last night i was watching television.... and i ran across a show called transgenders.... a show basically about people who are, well, making the transition from male to female, female to male.... i know i am going to sound absolutely stupid, and perhaps insensitive, i apologize in advance.... but, i for the life of me cannot understand this... i've had a few friends tell me that they believed they were in the wrong body because they didn't understand their same sex in love feelings as they were growing up.. but each, for the most part, recognized that they were gay and lesbian as they aged, matured, and experimented with their sexuality.... i love my breasts... and i can appreciate other breasts... not sexually, but you know... in my family we have great boobs... it is a calling card... if i ever wear anything remotely revealing, you'd understand.... my uncle used to rub his head in my great aunts as a way of greeting her.... and, horror.. one of the most memorable moments at my grand's funeral was a woman discussing her recollection of my grand teaching her how to keep hers breasts attentive and perky.... i couldn't wait to have breast.. as tomboyish as i was, i stuffed toilet paper and socks down my bras so that i could resemble the women in my family... i digress.. but, we don't even want to discuss the other parts of my body that i absolutely adore.... i love being a woman... i could not imagine giving any of it away, let alone altering myself to become a man... no matter who i have loved or have loved me... i once had a huge thing for a drag queen when i was a freshman in undergrad... not like i wanted to date him, i just thought he was beautiful... i give him money all night.. he used to say, "baby, do you know I'm a man?" i'd smile, shake my head and proceed to tip him anyway... we became good friends.. even referred to him as my cousin.. his name was chico.... i guess... i can understand a man wanting to become a woman.. but for all the penis envy in the world, i would not go thru the process of losing my precious "v" in exchange for a "d".... i mean, i loved my coochie well before i heard christa's coochie magic voodoo, and i knew how to use it pretty good, but now.... if you're feeling the urge to buy me drinks tomorrow night it's because i'm thinking about my coochie right now... hahahahahahaha anyway... so last night when i ran across the show i was fascinated to say the least... i remember a few years back when "butch mystique" was on showtime, langston called me, hysterical, he'd ran across this show, and all these beautiful, black, college cut, bald headed, hard bodied men, were....... well, women.... it weirded me out for a second.... i mean as i go to clubs and the like.... i see women act like men, emulate their behavior in an effort to play a role, and now, i wonder, do some of these women think they are men trapped in women's bodies.... i even saw a show where the man believed he was a woman, and wound up being with a woman... and how about the show when the woman wanted to be with a man, wound up with a man.... even a documentary called southern comfort, where the female to male transgendered person died of ovarian cancer, and couldn't be treated... well no doctor wanted to treat him.... are these people really gay, and ae afraid to accept their homosexuality? or are they really trapped.... i mean kit said it best, "because i feel white inside, does that make it okay for me to do a micheal jackson?" well, she didn't say it that way... maybe i should have put this on my six for sarah.... i'll keep researching.. in the interim.. i bought brokeback today, so i'm gonna watch it after american idol..... i say all this to say nothing... i will keep watching the show to let you know what's up... but i think i want to have a transgendered friend, you know? just to talk.... i am so curious now... ohh and sarah... with the boxer shorts and wife beaters... (the boxers are double xx ) so after mowing 1/2 the lawn they start falling down from sweat... by the time I'm watering the lawn, I'm sagging, showing the women's men style briefs... it's hee larious.. to say the least....

1 comment:

CousinSarah said...

As I work with our GLBT students on campus and try to teach myself about the culture, that part I have a hard time understanding. Not that I really have any judgement about it, I just cant wrap my head around some of the questions you bring up. It is hard for me to understand and I imagine even harder to live it.