E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-04-05


Last night we had a chance to fine A lee watch Brokeback Mountain... We had an opportunity to see Crash in the movie theater (my preferred method.. hint hint)..... Okay ONE - It was ALRIGHT.... TWO - Hell to the naw.... Crash. Without a doubt was a better flick. In Brokeback, I would have liked to see more dimension in character development... While I strongly identified... I found myself making a lot of assumptions. Something I was not totally comfortable with. I am unsure if this was a break-thru flick, also. The story has been told before.. Initially, I believed that it didn't win because as a society we can accept Denzel being a "thug" (and I thought Tupac's Bishop in retrospect was hella better), Halle getting down with Billy Bob, even knowing, regardless of race, creed, religion, orientation, if you don't have greenbacks, the duckets, cheddar, bread... it's hard out here for a ______. But we could not allow a "gay" movie to win Best Picture. The bottom line, Brokeback was not necessarily a "gay movie". And two it REALLY wasn't the BEST of those nominated. I will watch both again on the same night in a couple of weeks to challenge my thinking... That's my two cents... I have them both as part of the collection, so if you want to borrow one, hit me up. I was reading Angel's blog and I'm thinking I'm very quirky/strange. Langston used to say it all the time, ELM believes quirky is an understatement. I'm beginning to think it's not just the seven I've mentioned. I also have this thing with sheets and covers. I cannot for the life of me sleep without covers... It doesn't matter how hot or uncomfortable the covers may seem.. If it's too hot I will adjust the room temperature to accommodate the covers... I mean, I could be sweating my ass off and if you pull the covers off, I will wake up immediately and pull them back up. Funny thing is, when I do get hot, I will "allow" one leg to stick out of the cover.. Like B-Wine, I'm starting to crack myself up.. I mean, really how cool can you get with one foot from under the cover? And ohh, the horrors... Please don't allow a blanket to touch me without a sheet as a buffer... It freaks me out! TMI... Speaking of TMI.. I think I saw a transgendered person today. Okay. I know it's freaky.. (I know two future University of Texas PHds = free therapy. And I have got to talk to them about this) They had courses surrounding GLBT persons and issues. I think he's a female to male... He called out my order at Dan's, and I looked up and noticed that something really didn't match... I mean I'm not the "OUT" police... I know people who try to guess people's sexuality all the fcking time. Like everywhere we go, "you know he's gay. She's a dyke. You know that's a man right?" It's really annoying. I don't care who you do.. As long as you're not trying to do me.. HAHAHAHAHA... If I were single it might be different... (not!) .... NO NO NO NO disclaimer... I don't do artists, (to include singers, painters, actors, poets, writers, wannabepoets, wannabewriters, hell if you blog or respond to blogs hahahaha.... And man, I know one, I mean, some, beautiful and handsome poets) anyone under 30 (I ain't got time to raise you, no matter how old you think you are.. And if you're think you're old enough, mature enough, nic'ah, you've had way too many experiences for me, except for the artists who lie about their age.. And I don't do artists), no one with "gigs" (nic'ah get a REAL job with fcking retirement.. Unless of course you're an artist, which I don't do), on parole, probation, deferred adjudication (nic'ah you gone be on parole or probation SOON), awaiting trial (again you gone be on parole or probation SOON), uses the line ... "I'm taking the semester off" and you been outta school for over a year, no one with newborns, infants or toddlers (I STAND BY THIS RULE.. sorry, it's all too fcking brand new for me. you + your ex + the child = DRAMA), not financially or mentally stable (I can't pay and think for the both of us), have not maintained your own place of residence for at least six months (If you can't look out for yourself, who can you look out for?), height and weight proportionate, but I will make exceptions for certain body parts, uses your ex's name in one or two sentences within the first month of meeting.. (HAHAHAHA) okay, okay, TMI.. I digress. But it was funny huh? Okay... What does your list look like? I mean, I'm not too picky.. I managed to find someone who's a pretty damn good match, plus has a few of the things I love most... BROWN EYES to start... Okay... Wasn't I talking about the transgendered person? I'm want to go back to see, but I think that's too strange... Dang.. I lost my thoughts... Poetry tonight.. All about the youth. I am too excited... Even more about the group piece a few of us are going too.

6 comments:

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angel said...

you are so silly...and hella tangential!!!! i think the group piece went WELL! so proud of the under 21 slam team--they make me wish i could relive aspects of my childhood so i could have concentrated more focus on certain things. such spectacular stage presence, command of the audience, and articulation of subject matter in their young bodies! you said what i know was on plenty of people's minds up in there tonight: where were the boys/girls like this when we were that age?

Mahogany L. Browne said...

yup. you had me hiccup'n til i stopped laughing.

CousinSarah said...

You are crazy...you sure you're still not high off cold medicine. LOLOLOLOL.

Shelle said...

mo, i almost spit my coffee out reading this....cause i can hear her saying it LOL.

haha i do the one foot sticking out from underneath the cover myself....ahhh sooo much cooler LOL

SLUMP FACADE said...

Have yet to experience your depth, wit in person, however, your well rounded writing style is enviable. Lead, I'll follow...