E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-03-29

woa.... song and flow


okay.. Okay.. Okay....
the night was a'ight to say the least.... HA.. I lie.. it was off the friggin chain.. 'cept the essay folk wanted to chill and be bougie and thangs.... soooo
okay... how'd it go down?
first i called lovie with the floetry live soundtrack blaring, screaming as if I were at the concert already, asking her where she was.. needless to say she didn't sound happy as she thought she was missing the show..... laughed and told her to chill. they were on their way.
we got to town 'bout 6:55 pm with room to breathe.... good parking...
caught up with 'chelle and cousin inside... they were chillin with vocab and vocab's sis... looked around, there was trey aka nappy, carlita, deja, her gurl, then tony pops from the corner. man there are mad poets every where in the house... then outta no where double d double d and her little queens popped up....
finally got to our seats.... now my seats were good, but I was jealous of vocab.. front row mind you? long wait... almost a half hour, finally,
goaple hits the stage. to say she is beautiful is an understatement. most pictures don't do her justice.... as soon as i realize they are selling her merchandise, I make a mad dash for my boy langston.... he asked for a t-shirt.... miss a bit of her opening song, trying to make sure he gets his size.... it gets better... she hits the stage and does most new songs... i had the cd already, but I got one for ELM.... an autographed one.. well, I'm ahead of myself.... her set was mad cool. i loved her vibe..... i had been practicing a new piece with one of her songs, battle of the heart (#13). i had hope she would sing it but she didn't.... anyway.. after her set, i walk out to get B's t-shirt and ELM a cd, she autographs both, but not before I get to spit a bit of the piece (not another love poem)... she actually paid attention..
later floetry hit the stage... i was mesmorized.... man, i wish i could get a permanent songstress to go with my pieces, especially since i've been writing most to songs and tunes.... kind of sucks, but.. the life of an artist.... so i call brandy so that she can get a hear... i call b and poet in law, neither were answering, but at least they saw the love... out of know where i hear.. YEA YEA YEA.... and know in that moment, love made it to the joint... Easy-Lee was there as well.. It was mad cool set... wish essay would have been in it, but people were complaining if you got out your seat and stuff.... what topped it off.... i got to talk to all the artist after the show... got everyone's autograph, and a homegurl from essay is suppose to be sending me the picture of me with floetry.... again, if this is an indication of my year, i am going to change my name to seven..... G.O.D. has been good.....
thir13teen......

3 comments:

Shelle said...

yep, mad crazy evening...
goapele is absolutely stunning...even thats an understatement.

Angel said...

dag blam!!!!!!!!!! and i thought i was gonna get a call from the concert? had my cell phone ringer turned up loud as hell so i wouldnt miss it!!!! :(

CousinSarah said...

What shelle said. She is so beautiful that it is almost unreal. I cannnot stop playin her cd it was amazing. And yeah, the experience with Floetry...indescribable.