E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-03-13

THE WEEKEND FROM HEAVEN!!!!!

Celebrated my one year and one month anniversary.. My gift to ELM, aside from a hard time..... is one month of "fanfckingtastic" muzic! Our very first official date last year was the Jill Scott concert... So, I'm trying to build a tradition... And Sunday was the first of three concerts, topped off at the end of the month with Goapelle and Floetry... Okay, I am a bit ahead of myself..... See the pic! Naw, check... C DA PIC? We jammed out last night at the Before After Party featuring "FUNK SWAY"... Doyle Bramhall 2, Questlove (of The Roots), Wendy and Lisa, Susannah Melvoin (Wendy's twin from The Family), Mike Elizando, James Poysner, and DJ Jazzy Jeff. Featuring, on vocals, the funkingly brilliant Miss South Dallas Ya'll, Erykah Badu..... It was a hella show.... Ending with DJ Jazzy Jeff doing the damn thing for a good 45 minutes..... I can't dance, but enjoyed the music.. I'm only getting started.... This year has been so good I am thinking of changing my name to 7.... Found the love of my life.... Losing my religion, finding my spirituality... Hosting (mixed blessing)... pronounced Kay Lee Ya and Lisa (New Orleans Poets) Christa Bell..... Twain.... A family of friends... Renewed kinships... Mary (I am getting around!) My Neo-soul fam... And the highlight of the year..... Drumroll....... I caught the drumstick that he used in the show.... Yea.. Baby, reached up in the air and snatched it down like a rebound... and later got in signed, by Mr. Afro himself, the one, the only, QUEST-LOVE of the LEGENDARY ROOTS CREW!!!!! (somebody's got to be there when it gets ugly!) And l8r, it only got gr8r... We met fcking Wendy and Lisa..... You know... look at the pic again.. Wendy?.. Yes Lisa.. Is the water warm enough?... Yes, Lisa.... Shall we begin? Yes, Lisa..... James Poyser walked around.... man... man.. man... If this is an indication of my year.... WoW.. God... can't wait for it to unfold...

4 comments:

Shelle said...

Yeah Babeeee, what a helluva night!! We both got us some drumsticks, but u got the one he was playing!! Damn!!
and u met wendy & lisa....

Angel said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a great time! Dag! THE Wendy and Lisa???? Drumstick from ?uest???? Don't be surprised if you end up getting stalked!!!!! :)

BigSleep666 said...

Hey, congrats to you!

This month will be Lynn and my two year anniversary. Very exciting.

CousinSarah said...

I am jealous, jealous, jealous. :) Will have to relive it through you and Shelle! :)