E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-03-12

K.O.R.I.M. Can You Say I'm # 1 and NU York City!

From my point of view, the future of poetry is safe and in very good hands....... His MoM knew it. We knew it. Hustle called it. Keye ran the feature... http://www.keyetv.com/video/?id=4539@keye.dayport.com Now the whole world knows.... Congratulations to Korim!!! Well done young man.. Well done. He is the Austin Under 21 Youth Slam Champion..It was a phenomenal evening... Thanks Korim and Poet in Law for allowing me to be a small part of your village!!!!
If I can brag on myself, I picked 3 of the 4 team members.... Korim, Kelsey, and Prophet. This year, was once again a heartbreaking situation. Last year, I watched Korim fall short after having a slam off with Phillip, who would go on to be the Under 21 Slam Champion. This year, I watched Shannon fall in the first round.......
Congratulations to all that graced the stage last night. Win or lose you all were absolutely amazing....

3 comments:

joey said...

can i get a whoop! whoop!

BigSleep666 said...

Whoa! Congrats to Korim! Frankly, I'm unsurprised, because he's, well, you know, impressive, to say the least, but I was surprised to read about Shannon. Wow. Still, it's fantastic that Korim took the whole thing. Good for him!

CousinSarah said...

I am sorry that I didnt get to see him perform...but like Funky said. I am not surprised. WAAAAY to go kiddo!