E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-02-16

Uhm... Christa Bell, All Yours and Dre

Aside from last year's "special guest" appearance from my sister/mentor/friend Mo, last night had to be my absolute favorite night, and undeniable, one of the best night's of poetry I have experienced. From beginning to end. On the real.
I cannot truly describe the night without sounding like, well sounding like I did last week when Andrea and Suzy introduced me to Ms. Christa Bell prior to her feature at the Austin Slam. "Uhm. Thir13teen. Uhm. Neo-Soul. " But at least I didn't say what I thought I would say, "Yea, I like ice, too." What does that mean? It means I was afraid I'd sound like a babbling idiot. And eventually I did. I have shared that I talk A LOT when I'm nervous right? Well, it's not intelligent discussion, it's more on the lines of a babbling teenager. And at times throughout the night I am sure I did. (Sorry.) Came across as a fanatic? (Again. Sorry.) But all in all. I hope that our stop was one of the high lights of her current tour. The show was exceptional. In addition to Christa Bell, our very own, All Yours and Dre (Jill Who you will ask everytime she performs a Jill Scott song) lit up the stage and mic, performing a wonderful duet (she sang, "Running Across My Mind" while he recited a love poem) truly amazing and a wonderful way to bring up the featured guest, Christa Bell. Big Ups to Deja Vu (San Antonio), Lisa and pronounced Kay Lee Yah (New Orleans) for traveling the miles, keeping it hot and adding to the madness of the night. Special thanks to all the poets that graced the stage and MIC, you definitely made it a TRULY WONDERFUL NIGHT OF POETRY AND A TRUE HONOR TO HOST THE SHOW.......
Mad Love, Peace and Respect. thir13teen

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Yes, she was breathtaking. She really really was.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

she is absolutely worth me sharing my austin family... :)

glad it was all love