E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-02-17

After a Conversation...

The Beauty of Harlem
dedicated to the possibility of you..

I want my fingertips to trace your infinite beauty,
emboss the essence of you upon my heartbeat
so I may dance to the music of your smile.
I want my kisses to discover
the intricate mysteries of your passion,
engrave them upon my soul
because with you,
is where my heart resides.
I want to place all I know of me
at your feet,
surrender to the gaze of your eyes,
the promise of your caress,
and the wonder of you.
I am willing to journey
the dark vast chasms of my mind
to light and fill the voids with
your words, your dreams, your desires.
I may as well place them there
because you are all I can think of...
the heart notes of peony
and sheer freesia
stain my pillow
invade my dreams
I hear your voice
see your smile
and long for your touch.
I am afraid, yet
I feverously await your return.
the scent of honeysuckle and jasmine
overwhelms and invades me nightly,
when I reminiscence
of you.
I begged the moon to save me
from the burning yearn
that desires
to trace the curves of your silhouette
which dance on the beams
that stream into my bedroom window.
an illusion
intriguingly enticing
seductive
I am truly baffled by your beauty.
what have you done to me?
that which has never been considered
becomes a possibility
and I,
well, I desire to become the
object of affection that hides
in the sensuality of your mind
I want to become what you see
when you look at me...
but cowardice remains my closest companion,
until then,
I pray that God grant me one wish
and if,
if it be granted
that he allow the blood which pumps directly from my heart
to stain the pages
of my journal
to compose the perfect poem
that will make passionate love to you.

kdtaylor 2006 copy written
Section 8 Coffee Publications
all rights reserved

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I desire to become the object of your affection that hides in the sensuality of your mind. I want to become what you see when you look at me."

Beautiful. I love the all photograghy that you use 13. It is absolutely exquisite.

Luv' Tina

BigSleep666 said...

Goodness, that's nice! That's really great writing with a really beautiful photograph!