E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-02-15

14 februari 2005.....niew haarlem

14 februari 2005.....niew haarlem because u remembered...
I want to be a kid, one who sits behind you in class and pulls your hair. Throws paper at you. And passes you love notes. The simplest and most innocent form of admiration. A feeling of sheer delight and wonderment. Not tainted by adult experiences. I want to sit and wonder, ponder in the ball of emotions which cause me to desire your attention, and my willingness to do anything to earn it. Your first crush. Puppy love. A seemingly pre-adolescent form of admiration. One where I captivate your attention and you have dreams of being with me forever. You write our names on the back of notebooks, on scraps of paper, and I become secret diary entries scrawled in prepubescent cursive writing with hearts and flowers, cartoon characters and super heroes. And when you see me walking down the hall, you cannot help but smile, giggle or wave.... It remains simple, but it is the birth of intense feelings.... Your first kiss, the cradle of desire. I want to remind you of lips pressed together, mimicking adults in make believe passion. A kiss that you wanted to last, and last. A kiss that peeked your curiosity. A secret you couldn't wait to tell you best friend. I want to be a teenager, with no place to take you. So we walk and talk. Doing absolutely nothing but devoting attention and time to one another. I want to hold your hand, lead you around corners in which to steal kisses from watchful eyes. I want to find a quiet spot in a movie theater and make out with you. I want hands to fumble from lack of experience, desire and sensuality, with only the desire to please you and for you to allow me to go to second base. I want the first experience of touching you, not just your body, but your mind. I want to be the first person who made love to you RIGHT... One who was in touch with you, reached inside your dreams and played out your every fantasy. I want to be that memory. I want that type of love...... I want to be stuck on you....

2 comments:

Angel said...

I always enjoy pieces that encourage memories of childhood. I was fortunate in that mine was AWESOME! This piece reminds me of when I was in the choir in elementary school and we sang a song called "Happiness."

"Happiness is, two kinds of ice cream, finding a skate key, telling the time. Happiness is, learning to whistle, tying your shoes for the very first time. Happiness is playing alone in your own school band, and happiness is walking hand in hand."

Kim, you are my FAVORITEST poet ever! Your imagery always makes me feel warm and tingly! :)

bRandy said...

just want to give a shout out to Angel for the last part of her comment...don't know about the tingly part, but the woman obviously has great taste in poets! :o)