E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-02-02

The Mic was Nice...


What do we do for the next poet? Show 'em some love. What do we do for the next poet? Show 'em some love. Neo-Soul show your love for...................................
Okay. Am not sure where to start. But last night was off the friggin chain. Mostly hot from beginning to end. (There were a few glitches in the matrix) Yes, we did miss a few folk hint hint wink wink. I drank myself past my nervousness... Way to go James!!!!!! 'Cuz, uhh, well, see the little girl up there? That's how I feel the moment I step on the mic til the end of the night. Dep did the damn thang with his cute self. Big ups to 'Chelle who rocked a new piece. East Texas rocked the night with a new piece, kind of gansta with an English accent. I'm going to start calling her Ms. Dynamite or what's the name of the rapper out of England that rocked it with Latifiah on Ladies' First. Angel, our little blogger spy did that damn thang keeping the night erotic like. Yup, if you heard it you would ALWAYS USE FALLEN before you said Angel... Hustle dj's and it felt like Neo of old.... It was off the chain.. Damn Relentle and Cousin, we might have to start limiting the number of slots. It's blowing up in there.... Brian finally did "Whatever Turns You On" ending the night with a bang.. And yes. I am VERY HUNG OVER TODAY.... Cannot wait for next week.... the ever amazing, bringing the house down...Kevin Sandbloom!!!! then ohhhhhh my goshhhhhh the 15th. Hint ".... if too much sugar makes you sick, spoils your appetite for just the smell of dinner there a certain flavors of women you should not consume..." the too much

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

DAME IT!!!!! Everytime I have to miss the shit gets hot and I am tryin NOT to take it PERSONAL. :)

Im getting my tummy straight and I will be READY for next week. :)

I know you did the damn thing tho...heard all about it!

Dee said...

re English rapper--was it Moni Love?

Unknown said...

I'm so sad I'm gonna miss Kevin Sandbloom. I miss home. I miss Neo-Soul.

-Tina