E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-01-31

Coretta Scott King


An American Hero.... RIP.
"Many despair at all the evil and unrest and disorder in the world today but I see a new social order and I see the dawn of a new day." Coretta Scott King
This morning, thru sleep, I ironed a pair of pants in an effort to dash out of the door to get to work as the news anchor announced "Mrs. Coretta Scott King died in her sleep while recieivng alternative treatment at a clinic in Mexico." Immediately, I was hurt. One, because the news media has been broadcasting the "rift" between her children regarding the control and oversight of Dr. King's Memorial and two, some how I believed Reverend Brother"man" Al Sharpton will somehow utilize her death as a means of promoting his own manipulative agenda. While, I have my own ideas regarding the Civil Rights Movement and those persons who recieved credit for various activities.... Her quiet dignity and perserverance cannot be ignored.

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

I agree. I just read that and I am hurt. Maybe she couldnt stomach another speech of lies disguised as a State of the Union, another conservative controlled Supreme Court that could undo so much that has been done....Maybe she just couldnt stomach anymore.

She was an amazing woman, and her legacy of strong silence will remain. RIP CSK.

BigSleep666 said...

You were great last night! Just sayin'...