E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-11-21

hip hop, RestDOOm and other Tales of WOE...

my feet and right thump are hurting. it has been three weeks since i have really driven a car. i am a testament and witness to the biblical adage that GOD takes care of babies and fools. a bit old to be a baby, and much to bright to be a fool, or so i would like to believe.... but thru friends, family and public transportation, i have been able to get almost everywhere i would have liked. even been able to get a few places in a crunch.
problem is i got to make a decision. i love HIP HOP.... i have wanted her since the day i purchased her, she is some timey, takes all my money, high maintenance, somethings always wrong, and she's always complaining..... but i love her. and i can't stand to part from her. but she has me walking, catching rides, riding buses... yet, i am still trying to figure out how i can keep her... i picked her up today. spent another 200.00. yea, she's doing what she does best, manipulating me into believing that she can be reliable, but i can't get her to back dat ass up... in other words she has no reverse... SO I STILL HAVE TO PARK HER..... what da fck?
thank heavens for stuffy noses..... i went to the clean rest room today in building five. i was on my way out to, bum a ride, with a co-worker, to pick up HIP HOP. immediately after i walked into the restroom, another lady entered behind me, said out loud, "oh GOD!" and walked back out. two things happened in that moment. one i was extremely pleased that she was aware that i entered the same time she entered. i was also happy that i couldn't smell whatever it was that drove her out the door. all of which became immediate fear, because after i closed the stall door another woman walked in and said, "huh." then coughed as if she had been choked. in that moment, me in TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO GIVE YOU. not sitting on the seat though.... crunched over, trying to conceal my shoes, leaning over, trying to maneuver and balance in an effort not to pee on my leg nor be seen, as i did not want to be accused of the ODOR... so now, my co-workers waiting on me, knowing i went to the restroom, the place is foul as hell (i know this based on the women's responses as they come in) and I'm afraid to leave because i don't want to be penned the mystery shyter. i know it's childish, but hell, and to make matters worse the spray is in my stall, but i'm afraid to spray because 1) they may believe the stench is coming from my stall and 2) that industrial spray is like cheap perfume, it stays in your clothes, hands, hair, hell it follows you for at least an hour so anyone who stands close to you knows, "ohh, she's the one." i know it's childish, and guess what, in this instance, i am childish. so i wait on the brown mile.... praying that the traffic becomes light enough for me to slip out, unnoticed... it does.... but not without my co-worker asking me if i fell in. i explain what happened and we laugh, only after she says she could have told me that wasn't the best time to go to that restDOOM...
lastly, my nose is burning... on fire. it's also stopped up. i can barely breathe. i ahve been laid up all weekend.. i did have a good nurse.. sick nonetheless. i'm trying to finish a poem that i can't get out of my head. to no avail. i can't work out this week.. another story.. and i am as close to poor as anyone could get before a holiday and payday... and i so wanted to buy all that unnecessary shyt the day after thanksgiving.... GOOD THING: TWO DAYS UNTIL RENT, and i took off on wednesday to go see it! i can hardly wait. five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes, how do you measure, measure a year..... i remember seeing it four times in dallas, three of which i sat in the orchestra seats alone and had the time of my life..... something to look forward to, aside from the holidays.... and this will be the first time i have looked forward to them since my grandmother.... well you know.... i have something to look forward to. despite the car. despite the funds. despite the difficulties. despite myself.... thanks...

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Giiiirl, I am sorry to hear about Hip Hop. It's always hard trying to decide to end a relationship. :) I'll be there to console you if you have to let her go. She wasnt even my woman and I feel sad. :)

Whoa about the bathroom...girl what kind of stuffy nose do you have? Childish or not, since the shyter seems to be coming a legend..and not the kind you want to be remembered for--Woulda hid the feet too. Glad your pod mate and you were able to at least get a chuckle. Not so fabulous that there appears to be a time and rhythm to the funky bowel movement over there.

bRandy said...

" so i wait on the brown mile.... "

you are killing me...
you know how i feel already about the HIPHOP situation--that's my girl. but even the coolest chicks have to go if they aren't giving you enough back in return.

dig your attitude today...again...keep lookin' up g3

-B