E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-10-20

Pillsbury Dough Man and Barry White, whadafck?

There are somethings that just don't fcking go together.
Oil and Water.
Gasoline and Matches.
Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupree (thank god it's over!).
Bushes and White Houses.
yaknowwhatimean?
a few days ago i'm listening to reality television while heating a boca burger for a quick meal, and I hear old school blaring from the television... you know barry white? and I'm cool, getting all warm and fuzzy, thinking maybe it's a commercial for some soulfest love jams cd... i glance over at the tv and see the Pillsbury fcking dough man, dancing with a crescent roll or something similar (okay, not really, or at least i hope not). barry white and a biscuit commercial? that's blasphemous! and at the end of the commercial these jokers had the unmitigated gall to say some shyt like the other "mr. white". my first thought is barry white must be rolling in biscuits and gravy in some soul food HELL right about now. then, it dawns on me that his fcking kids have no respect for the man or his legacy. so the next generation will equate one of r and b's most legendary voices with some damn biscuits, crescent and dinner rolls. what next? trojan using luther's "creepin" to sell condoms. linens and things using the isley brother's "between the sheets"? welch's grape jam using teddy riley's "jam" or worse using an improvisation one of black television most tragic moments... "jam! jam! jam!"
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--LADY YOU ARE CRAZY! That is HE-LARIOUS. And yet oh so true. I have not seen the commercial and do not want to. The first time they bastardize a Luther song there will be middle to major anarchy on my watch. I would just fyck everyone up IN SIGHT! That is a little how I felt when I saw Mos with the Denali commercial. This is way less credible...I mean you did say BISCUITS right? Hell naw.

Your list of things that dont go together....hmmmm...sounds like a good tag post to start. Along with things that

CousinSarah said...

do go together. Sometimes, part of my brain stops before the other parts are done.