E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-10-21

i can smell the petals fall

no one understands the weight of an echo. the difficulty in taming it's unbridled desire. it slips easily thru misconception. often misunderstood, it does not mimic, nor mirror. fluid lucidity. no one can see a heatbeat's shadow. only feel the artic chill resounding in each beat's absence, as it moves, dancing along the sun's beams. flashes on air tone heat waves streaming above sticky concrete.... no one can hear a teardrop fall. it's mass, booming silence deafening the listener straining for proof of it's existence. painfully knowing it's there, yet unable to recognize it's song, as it cuts thru rainstorms tormenting the soul.. no one can touch a dream fulfilled. the thrill is not in what's materialized, only the emotions tickling your nose.... triggering cayenne tinged tears, hot flushed achievement that swirls in the breeze. i can smell the petals as they fall, bitter sweet the descent from grace to disparity. blues, pinks, yellows, meld fragrantly outside my window beckoning..........

3 comments:

Raquita said...

me and my girl read this at least a half a dozen time..
she was particularly pulled in my cayenne tinged tears, while I was caguht byt eh weight of an echo.. Man - I wish I could get you to move to st louis

CousinSarah said...

Me too on the move if I end up back there. :) You could impact the whole scene....and I would get to take my mentor with me. :)

As always 13...the images are so tangible...beautiful.

my coffee is always said...

You guys are crazy..... You are truly amazing and I love reading your words...
thir13teen