E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-10-24

Autumn, I Dew... Even When the Leaves Stand

I walked thru rain today.... mist, dampened the soul of my feet, toes gleamed from droplets which grimaced at the pall of the noon sun. Dew traveled upward, timidly tracing aged ankles which have forgotten how to skip and frisk thru crayola tinted blades of lavender... weight defies senses gravitating toward the haze between soundwaves and light... I inhale your hues, nose stained by yellows and pinks... I walked thru rain today, it slowly trickled from ankles to wobbly knees, weak in love, wanting to stand, professing unyielding.... relentlessly.. water canvasses the horizon in shades of somber and melancholy, bold orange strokes flow vertically.... and the rain continues to flow.... sprinkling up knees to thighs, spine to hands and fingers, triggering, begging to quench insatiable thirsts for reds and greys.... aisles and rings... me and you..... brush me warm with your browns, cinnamons, and coppers with petals of peony, freeshia, your touch... i smell your colors heavily in the autumn leaves rustling.... soaked, cascading along side dreams of heavens and earths.... breaths masquerading as whispers swirl desperately longing for God's ears... your thoughts I hear.....and the rain continues to rise....

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

I see a BEAUUUTIFUL peice coming from this one.

Shelle said...

everytime....i feel...i see...i hear...i taste....
don't ever put down your brush disguised as your pen