E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-08-04

TWICE IN ONE DAY... I WAS TAGGED BY SARAH

Been tagged by Cousin Sarah....

Five songs I'll always love:
1. Believe - Raheem DeVaughn
2. Groove With You/Beauty in the Dark - Isley Brother/Mos Def
3. Voyage to Atlantis - Isley Brothers
4. Not Like Crazy - Jill Scott
5. Numb/Encore - Jay Z and Linkin Park
*bonus Whatever, Whatever, Whatever - Jill Scott and Say Yes - Floetry..
Now - what was I doing ....
10 years ago: Living in Dallas like a HIP HOP SuperStar, had a bad ass apartment in Las Colinas, had a well paying job, and a cool ass car... Had it all!!
5 years ago: Moving to Austin, traveling like a HIP HOP Star. Jetting back and forth from Cali and New England. Traveling for work all over Texas... In other words I lived in airports, airplanes, rental car counters, and hotels.....
1 year ago: I lost about 280 lbs of dead weight, regained control of my life and began to forge another life's path as a newly defined single woman. By the way, I'm loving the scenery on this path a hell of a lot better....
Yesterday: Enjoyed two of my three passions. Obtained copies of credit report (annual task). Completed some work related issues. Worked out.
Today: Put numbers in my phone. Complete one audit. Write a letter. Complete monthly information in a new calendar/journal I received last night. Get new appliances.
Tomorrow: Plan for the weekend. Hopefully have a movie/dinner date. Not real sure...
5 snacks I enjoy: Popcorn, Pepper Jack Doritos, any candy bar with almonds, double stuffed oreos and the last is a secret....
5 bands I know the lyrics of most of their songs: Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross, Jill Scott, Floetry, and Isley Brothers.
5 things I would do with $100,000,000: donate 5% to charity preferably a cause for AIDS, A Black GLT organization or Hunger. Whatever she wants. Invest. Buy a custom built David Weekly 5000 square foot home with 1000 dedicated to the master suite. Buy 2006 Black Infinti FX, Black Lexus RX 330 and Champagne Chrysler 300M. Give my niece, nephew and God son 1% each to save until they were adults.
5 locations to run away to: My imagination. The branches of an ELM tree. Harlemworld, Manhattan, New York, USA. Mykonos Greece. Rome, Italy.
5 things I wish I could wear: size 8 clothing. Stiletto Heels (REALLY) All of Victoria's Secrets (UH, YES REALLY!) Love, and I'd wear it like a tight sweater..... Peony and sheer freesia, so I never have to miss it when it's gone....
5 Movies: They Way We Were (Yes, I said it) Momento. Mahogany. Old School. Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon
5 biggest joys at the moment: My spirituality. ELM. Poetry. My family, especially my Dad. Good food, good drinks, and good conversation with good friends that pose as good family.
5 toys: Blog. HIP HOP. Surround Sound System. Poetry. Cell Phone.

I tag Mo, Amanda and Shia.

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

You are right about that Mos Def/Isley Brothers song. It is one I really like too. I forgot to put Eachsecondeachhoureachday...by Maxwell...people really slept on his Embrya CD. LOVE IT!

Missed ya'll too-always do when I cant make it...would have much rather have been there. Didnt leave my office til 1:30 this morning.....

Anonymous said...

Voyage to Atlantis - Isley Brothers

baby making music....good choice.

bRandy said...

Dang...I must not have been in my right mind when i filled this out...how did i leave off "Say Yes" by Floetry?? Thanks for the reminder--that is a forever love of mine...