E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-05-16

BE - cuzuwillnvrknow

Last night's writing exercise with a group of friends. Needs a lot of work. Posted for feedback.
writing exercise: use the following topic and 8 words in a poem. you may change the tense of the word.

time: 20 minutes
topic - hope
words - agape (mythical god) aspire
overinduldge only
linger languish
nonchalance nurture


BE-bcuzuwillnvrknwhowmuch
I overindulge, and cling to
hope lingering
along your shattered lifelines.
your mind says closed
as surely as the words
are written upon your vacant eyelids…
yet, I see what I want
hear what I want.
whispers from voices
skulking in the shadows
of your larynx
seemingly speak
only to me along seams and binds
where heart lines
fade between that which exists,
that which can be
and that which shall be revealed….
dreams shade smiles
which pose as your touch,
to nurture my nonchalance
which is often disguised as fear.
heartbeats dissipate and languish
in the cradle of my tears.
i am weakened at your sight,
blinded by your caress.
in life like dreams i
aspire to be the inception
of your heart’s desire
of your heart’s every beat
beat for me,
beat with me
i long to be the reflection that hides
behind the blinds of your minds eye
to erase memories veiled in doubt.
i offer me in exchange
for that which pains
keeps us a part.
i offer me in sacrifice
for past hurts.
i give you me
as i communion with eros and agape
for strength to
trudge in past footsteps
which trampled our
possibilities..
for there is no weight
that my heart can bear
there is no other my heart
can bear
can I? will you?
allow me
to


Now, I have suspended the Fade2Black series for a couple of days. It will be back shortly. I am unsure what I want to do with it... And need to seek counsel, as I am including real people, and I need to protect their identity... HAHAHA
here was the code: Sun - God
No one in particular (for my poet friends!!!)
all the other voices know who they are..... or they could have been in my head!!!!
holla
13andtheysaythatshytaintlucky

1 comment:

joey said...

kim your work is always beautiful, flawless and all that....you will never know how much.


waitin' on fade2black...