E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-04-20

Three Thirty Six and I Ain't Got a Poem In Me

I pine for the richness of your thickness
and crave the delicacy of your sweetness..
Oshun, how can I get to know you?

At Amaya's over lunch.... I spent a couple of hours with a wonderful lunch companion, not the best Mexican Food (I ate it though), but do I love brown eyes that smile when they talk.... and the conversation and view, as always breathtaking......

I am feeling a bit sluggish and I have officially left the building. Well, not actually, physically here, mental I am in Mykonos Greece. I am proud of myself another productive day. I have successfully appeared "as if" thru out my work day. I have completed the baseline, never quite hit the benchmark of any assignment given to me by my employer. And the worst part is..... IAINTGOTAPOEMINME..... I attempted to finish one I've been working on for a couple of weeks. BUt err ruh.....
I did get to wish Mo Browne a HAPPY BIRTHDAY via lunch time phone chat.... the sister's back in Brooklyn holding it down.......
Also got an e-mail from Amanda Johnston, a poet who won the anthology award at this past weekend's AIPF.. visit her at www.amandajohnston.com. Also I returned to find that my man Funky Mike Whalen http://BigSleep666.blogspot.com/ and http://www.livejournal.com/users/bigsleep666/ but in a few words for me over at his sites... Check out www.austinslam.com Mike is only one of the imfamous AUSTIN poets who own slams across the STATE... He is hilarious.... My favorite is about a clerk at video store....
anyways.... I'm otta here.... check out the sites and the peeps....
13.... and they say it ain't lucky...

No comments: