E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-04-20

I Didn't Wish To Leave Those Loving Arms

an excerpt from: The Beauty of Harlem
kimberley d taylor (knowtorious13)

I taste your kisses in the breeze
and smell you in my dreams
I savor your essence on my palate
you a fine wine,
intoxicating.
may I sip your spirit?
as I know no other way to show my love,
my unyielding adoration toward you.
every glance a photograph
last time, I and you
one moment immortalized upon my soul
I see you in love
I see you, love.
My fingertips trace faded silhouettes
which once captured you
my arms caress the waning imprint
of what was once you
heart heavy as I miss,
and long for Harlem's loss
my eyes will forever drink her beauty
she burned in my memory for eternity
arresting the motion of undulated grace
my admiration
an original, one of a kind
every glance a picture perfect photograph
last time, I and you..

The city.....
I liken love to the borough and beauty of Harlem, Manhattan, New York, USA..... Historical, rich in heritage, beautifully tragic..... (poetically speaking)
Anyway, one of the last times I was there, I didn't want to frickin leave. Like a long distance lover's last embrace, you know there is much love between you, but you have that eerie feeling it will be the last time.... So you stand there, holding each other, together, yet separate in thought and emotion. You make a mental note of the last words, smell, touch, a picture perfect photograph of the last time....
I am listening to Darkie, by Mo Browne right about now..... I mixed some poetry, Jill Scott, Donnie (Welcome to the Colored Section), Brooklyn Funk Essentials (HOT ASS ACID JAZZ LIKE BEATS... WHOEVER THESE PEOPLE ARE I WANT TO MEET THEM), Meshelle Ndegeocello, and Nas on the media player. My co-worker in the pod next to me is PROBABLY TRIPPIN'... 'cuz 1) I got it turned up a bit (I act as if I'm hard of hearing, especially when I haven't had my Starbucks ..... grande bold drip tofee nut misto dry), 2) Twain's piece about writing poetry on the job is on!!! (he's a young cat outta Fort Worth, from the school of Taalam Acey, but he's not a biter.... Hopefully he will be repin' one of the slam team's out of the metro-plex.. very fluid and like%

No comments: