E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-08-25

hurricane

she reminds me of thunderous booms and lightening strikes conducting an orchestra within the expanse. mystic misty tears float, coating the blandness within the atmosphere grey. i anticipate her arrival. i count; child like between each bombastic thud and crack of light in the sky. i feel her, long before i ever see her. her arms stretched toward the space between heaven and the last echoed beat of my mother's heart. and like my great grand's memory, until now, gut wrenching laughter and tears in the appreciation of heighten beauty were bits and pieces of a past hidden deeply within hued lavender and blues within the moon’s view. invisible to the naked eye. nonexistent, except in darkness. Her aura, a sycophancy of cumulus clouds and tinted moisture engulfs and lulls me; fawns the deep crimson and auburn of my locs, caresses my ears and sighs undertones audible only in frequencies transmitted between auspicious lovers clumsily fumbling with providence. six counts fade to three. the booming resonance and luminosity drape melancholy in a coat of contentment. Precipitation matures to rain and I am drenched. Covered in the spell of rain falls, vision fails as tears and drizzle meet to dance, again. I see her. she magnificent and majestically complex. she shape shifting colors, shapes and sound. she simply kaleidoscopic and I am engrossed. riveted, i hear colors and taste sound. i have never felt more alive. she my tempest, I am born in her downpour. three fades to one.. BOOM

1 comment:

Shelle said...

wow...yeah..wow