E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-07-03

my brother, my husband, my father....

I can never say enough about this man. He is truly a G.O.D. send... this isn't about him, but this is about a moment.
in this moment i realized:

  • it can never be relived
  • it was remarkable
  • tremendous growth
  • a life i can truly be satisfied with
  • if i looked to my right or left i would be surrounded by friends and fam..
  • michelle, it didn't feel right not watching you on the stage competing, but it felt GOOD to have you there
  • sarah, felt good to see you grow in your words and confidence - though your confidence in me and our friendship can be fleeting
  • tova, felt good to see a fan of the word become the word
  • jomar, hell just damn
  • eb, you already know
  • angel, yes... you have taught me so much, i pray i live long enough to give to you as unselfishly as you've been willing to give to me
  • bRandy i'm just glad your glad...
  • hustle, what's next week's theme
  • ELM - every season
  • jono good to have you back young man, I MISSED YOU and YOUR POETRY!!!
  • Poet in Law, I love you...
  • U21 thanks for reminding me why I never had children!! (LOL) no.. for the words...
  • G.O.D.
  • u, what a welcome addition you are...
  • i mean dang... this only happens when you believe, and I am slowly becoming a believer.
  • and u, without you how would I truly know I am alive?
the Slam Bowl results, as if we didn't know? Neo and U21 came out winners. the poets of record. a tradition for loving the word. so let us be words...

4 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

Do I know? Lol. Of course I do. And whatever I don't I'll make up since you left it open for me too. Lol. I love you. And it was good to see you. That shirt was EXTRA cute! I mean damn! Lookin all good and stuff.

Shelle said...

absolutely love this pic of you two...he is a wonderful man indeed.
i felt very comfortable from my perch lol, thought i would miss it...but didn't...it was a great moment to see so much transpire around me though...even the after party lol

bRandy said...

i am glad...for more reasons than one. it's been good spending more time together and just cashing in on the things we each bring to the table in our friendship...

Anonymous said...

Wow... You know I do not do blogs...something made me look today...

love ya
Langston