E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-02-10

la conciencia de su fe es seguro que vengan a ti

crisp quiet slips from lips
communes with fingertips:
trips falls in slight split
in cusped aged hands in prayer..
cool breeze pick pockets dreams,
leaves penny for change (not wise and despised)
to turn on dime, changing a frame of mind,
I can no longer afford.
I place stones in my pockets
to measure my weight against despondency.
I want to be heavy!
I move through shape shifting hopelessness,
attaching myself to the blue print of your existence.
I mean if not for your avoidance,
how would I know I was truly alive?
cobblestone sheets I sleep
heartbeats racked with the irregular gap of footsteps
drum the inevitable.
pounding, gripping tightly against my flesh and bones.
I try desperately to pull the dirt and mortar
to cover my eyes,
push back against the back drop
dropping angered silence a top my head.
IT IS ALARMING
I stage fights against bitter memories
slithering through me.
Destroying every THING and ONE I aspire to be..
Choking on sullen ponderances
I offer my soul to thee?
My God have you forgotten about me?
or am I not your people,
the descendant of Hosea
unyielding.
Withstanding...

to be continued

kdtaylor, 2009
Section 8 Coffee
all rights reserved

4 comments:

Shelle said...

ohh i likey...
I place stones in my pockets to measure my weight against despondency.
I want to be heavy!
I move through shape shifting hopelessness, attaching myself to the blue print of your existence.
I mean if not for your avoidance, how would I know I was truly alive?
cobblestone sheets...

my coffee is always said...

thanks, writing exercise from B's.. It's part of myhuman trafficing thingie...

Copasetic Soul said...

so, im over here shaking my head. that was groovy!!

Ebony Stewart said...

MY MAN ARE YOU SERIOUS! Dope!