E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-09-24

Gratitude

For the ability to not allow anyone to dictate who I am.

For the beauty and opportunity of seeing the frustration in their eyes and voice when they REALIZE that those tricks work for bitches and dogs, and not for women and men.

For a beautiful Saturday morning with my bio family watching my nephew play basketball and being that AUNT for my niece!!

For the grace and finances to be that Aunt, man little girl are expensive.

For a hella afternoon, even though I was sleepy, I enjoyed the fish fry!

For meeting my Angel’s “other” friends. Thanks for the privilege. They are GIANTS among MEN!

For intelligent conversation.

For the love in those brown eyes.

Looking forward to the hosting rotation. Hella voices.. B-Fran, Chelle, Me and Shameless.

2 comments:

Shelle said...

really nice list ma...its always the lil things that mean the most...yep i'm looking forward to our hosting gig too

PoeticProphetess said...

I just love reading all ya's grateful list... I'm grateful for ya'll hostin as well... ya'll put it down!