E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-05-13

Missing In Action; Don't think I ain't grateful

01) a home to run to: beautiful brown eyes and strong arms to hide in and forget the insanity around me....

02) going with you to find your new home and watching you grab your piece of the world! i can say i knew you when...

03) finding unsettling solace in silence only to remember i have a voice and a choice.

04) a wonderful lesson in knowing we can never go back there again. i think you may be stuck with me. sister friends forever, huh?

05) a quote texted to me last Thursday night.

06) sitting in the scorching heat last Friday afternoon with my father:brother:man and his fam. TWEET WE SAW A GIRL RUN AN 11.15!!!! and speaking of the heat, aren't we glad i borrowed the paper towels from the Women's restroom.

07) a poetry dinner that reminded of somethings.. and showing me that i have indeed grown the hell up. thanks JOSH!!!!!!!

08) the discovery of SIMONE... Dang Nina, Lisa Celeste is the BOMB (ears and eyes).

09) not blowing my top when in "tipsiness" he thought he was telling em something I didn't know.

10) that she trusts me enough...

11) remembering the words "in the beginning." because we can all start over, and for those who want to remind you where you once were, tell them they could always join you. 'cuz only an ass would hate on you for growing... for real....

12) happiness, did i say that already? i'm learning to find it through tears, 'cuz at least i care enough to hurt, and damn it i can feel so that means i'm alive? right?



and you know there is no 13...only G.O.D. good orderly direction thanks for your continued guidance and blessings....

2 comments:

Shelle said...

what else to do, but smile....:)

joey said...

love your list, love the admiration and appreciation here... yes, stuck like chuck baby.

thank you for so much