E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-05-07

Lessons on Silence continued from Monday

"In the end, we will remember the silence of our friends." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I'm sorry I let you down. This is a difficult lesson and a jagged pill to swallow.

"You're silence will not protect you." Audre Lourde
Some one told me that you never see a fish on the wall with his mouth closed. So I thought.. well, it doesn't matter what I thought. It's what I didn't say that matter most.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." Benjamin Franklin
I am accountable.

2 comments:

Angel said...

and along those same lines...

"In our lives, we have two or three opportunities to be a hero, but almost every day, we have the opportunity not to be a coward."
- Spanish proverb

joey said...

love you kim...