E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-04-16

random and grateful

  • that i have people in my life i love enough to be disappointed in and with.
  • that i'm old enough to recognize when enough is enough.
  • while there is no such thing as fair, i work at being firm in what i believe is fair.
  • to know that in the end it's about who can piss the longest.
  • there is no i in team, but when you want to make it about you, it does become "me, me, me."
  • when do you recognize that some friendships no matter how close, will only equal pain.
  • and when you recognize it, and know it to be true, when do you walk away.
  • thanks G.O.D. i've put on my shoes and know where the door is.
  • there will always be words even when there is no stage.
  • that i don't have children and i don't have to teach them about poor choices and disappointment.
  • that i am not a bitter adult, just a bitter board member, team member, friend and mentor.
  • that today, i am letting go of some of the negative energy that plagues me.
  • good orderly direction.
  • those beautiful brown eyes.
  • and friends that don't put me in fck'd up awkward positions to prove points and stroke egos.

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Work it out woman.

Shelle said...

walking away is the hardest, but sometimes necessary...one foot in front of the other.
release.....

Copasetic Soul said...

wow...that seemed like a ranting grateful list. sometimes we gotta do that though....

breath sista, breath.