E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-03-14

I had to go back to the basics....

"The Sneetches"
"The Zax"
"Too Many Daves"
"What Was I Scared Of?"
Teaches about:
discrimination
snobbery
insecurities
consumerism
valuing individuality
compromise
being afraid of those unlike you
and the mystery of being able to stand up alone.... (the boy was afraid of a pair of pant that stood on their own)
i learned these lessons as a child.
the sneetches and other stories are one of my favorite books. has been since i was able to read. my all time favorite cartoon special. i used to use this book to teach drug addicts and criminals how to live in a pro-social society. am learning that it really should be taught to most. i think i may get it for you.

2 comments:

Shelle said...

shooooot Dr. Suess and the gang are the shiznit fo real...betta pay attention

Copasetic Soul said...

im gonna have to check this book out. thanks for the 411.