E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-09-20

Thankful on a Thursday? How about a hell ya!

This has been probably one of the most HEALING SEPTEMBERS EVER! And I'm topping it off with a card and domino party at the end of the month. It's all women for a couple of reasons, most important:
01) Celebrating our sameness and differences
02) And of course my Village.

Anyway, yesterday we went to San Antonio to visit my grandfather. It was soooooooo f'ing cool. As I've grown up (significantly this last year) I recognize the importance of roots. Often I act as if I don't have or want any. I do. And I've found it out more this year as I've moved past my hurt and self loathing. (A year ago, I would have never admitted that!) Anyway, my Grandfather met ELM and they literally talked damn near all afternoon. My aunt, my mother's younger sister, now resides in my Grand's home/my childhood home. She's made changes, yet it had the same feel, and we talked about my Grand for hours. That was healing in itself. I mean, I had people who KNEW her to talk to. We laughed, swallowed tears, and just fcking remembered. And for the first time in a long time, it hurt good. Don't get me wrong, I STILL MISS MY GRAND. But it was different. I had all types of strange dreams about her and the house last night, AND I didn't wake up sad or indifferent. I woke up feeling like I missed her, and she was just a whisper away.

I had dinner with the Fellowship of the Wangs last evening, and that, well, it was what is always is: A FCKING BLAST. Man, I truly love the way you guys love me and all my BULLSH..... Thanks for everything each and every time. I truly appreciate how you're always willing to keep me honest. EVEN WHEN I SWEAR I ALREADY AM. You just make me see things in a different light.

Not like everything is coming up roses in my life. I still get pricked, yet, it doesn't stop me from picking 'em.

So, thus far my lessons of September 2007..

01) ELM (and the Twig) - Do not press me to leave you or to turn back from following you. Where you go, I will go; where you lodge I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die — there will I be buried. May the Lord do thus and so to me, and more as well, if even death parts me from you.”

02) STINK (my younger sister, niece and nephew) - For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.

03) Angel/Chucks-Veedubs/Copa/Eb/Joey/Mo/TeeTee - Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. You guys already know individually and collectively I have worked f'ing hard to make sure that we would always be cool, and I'm glad that nothing changed, you trusted my word and i trusted yours. and in some cases, when things look f'd up, we came to each other to make sure there'd never be any misunderstandings.

04) Brian/Chelle/Sarah - God will have a humble people. Either we can choose to be humble or we can be compelled to be humble. . . . We can choose to humble ourselves by conquering enmity toward our brothers and sisters, esteeming them as ourselves, and lifting them as high or higher than we are. (I am now humble. And I pray that one day we can rebuild, I have moved past my offenses, and pray that I can be forgiven for mine.)

05) June/Herman - Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements. (thank you for helping me find myself!)

06) my village - A hundred men may make an encampment, but it takes a woman to make a home. (you may not be here, but you're always in my heart....)

these are prolly the most significant lessons, since these are the people most are familiar with. I included my sister, because every once in a while she reads my blog, and I don;t want her to think anything, even though I know she won't. just covering my ass.

4 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

You are beautiful and your spirit was ment to be in our lives...thank you for accepting US.

I GOT MY FRIED PICKLES!

Copasetic Soul said...

wow...you opened your soul with this entry....thanks for being an ear and shoulder when i need one.

now i have to go wipe my eyes, too much dust in the room.

Angel said...

those were some good, solid ass lessons yo!!!! so glad to be a aprt of the growth...and the lessons! ;-)

Shelle said...

hmm interesting use of words. you & i are complicated, but also its quite simple. you will always have a place within my realm.
i see you well.