E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-09-11

Moment of Silence. 2

The nation was mourning, and I was trying desperately to avoid bad news. Flipping channels mindlessly, I allow the television to chose what it wants to watch. I wanted only to avoid the images that burned deeply in my mind, reminders of the tragic event which occurred September 11. Only to have my world torn a part three years later. I lost my tower of strength...
Margaret R. Belisle
What am I to do?
Now that words seemingly wish
to cease to flow from my lips.
time has eluded me,
and every moment we have spent together
has come to this single space in time
when I have to let go,
have faith
and believe
that everything is exactly
the way it’s supposed to be.
That our last words
were indeed our last…
that the hugs and smiles we shared
must forever be imprinted in my memory.
And that I pray them
over and over again.
In my mind
wanting to know.
wondering.
Did you know how much I loved you?
Counted on you?
Needed you?
What am I to do without the arms
that I now know worked simultaneously with God’s
to shield me from harm?
Always protecting me.
Even when I believed they were holding me back.
You were my hero before I ever knew the meaning.
So, now, I ask.
Is it too late to let you know,
that your arms were always big enough
to hold me
and my worries...
kdtaylor, 2007
section 8 coffee publications
all rights reserved

Yes, our song is still the hidden track on Jill Scott's cd. I am a boisterous river. I am a mountains story. I am a quiet feeling. I am a fragrant flower. I am a moonlit evening. I am a peaceful night. I am a writers thinking. I am a wealth unfathomed. And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here. And if you don’t recognize me, I am here. I am a source of power. I am excited journey. I am the rock of patience. I am a whisper singing. I am unbridled freedom. I am the thought from thinking. I am a love unshattered. I am the great orgasm. And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here. And if you don’t recognize my presence, I am here. And even if you don’t recognize me, I‘m still here. And even if you don’t recognize me. And even if you don’t recognize me, I‘m still here. And even if you don’t recognize me, I am, oh, I’m still here. . Even if you don’t recognize me, I’m here, I’m here, I’m here.


Another moment...
for all those who lost their lives,
gave their lives,
risk their lives,
and protect our lives..
that morning and everyday since September 11, 2001.

3 comments:

joey said...

beautiful...

Shelle said...

we can say time makes it easier...but we know better.
yes, beautiful write kim.

Angel said...

so glad that you shared this...your village is smiling...