E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-09-09

Blink One Year and a Day....

If it is my last, let it be a prayer.....

One year and a day ago, we said good-bye. I pray that my village is treating you well. I have come to believe that you guys don't just hang around among clouds, looking down on our dumb butts... however, the thought is comforting... you know, our way of holding on...

So this is what I'm thinking our convo is like...

I know, my mom and aunt are beautiful women. I always wanted my mom's eyes, and aunt's smile. My aunt suzy is a trip, right. I know you and she are laughing your butts off almost daily. My grand? Yea, that's her exterior, you see where I got it from? Yup, after you get to know her she's warm, giving and loving. Did she cook yet? I know the peach cobbler or the shrimp casserole are off the chain! She's flirty, though. She justs like to see if she still has it. She looks good for her age, though. Great grand? Yes! She's a sweetheart. Doesn't she tell the best stories? She has a lot of wisdom. Did she tell you about the time I set the Johnson's front yard on fire? Stop laughing, I only ran because I was afraid! I mean a bomb made of jumping jacks, black cats, a bottle rocket, a sparkler and a pack of little firecrackers seemed like a good idea at the time. Who would have thought it would have caused a fire. My great aunt doesn't talk much. Is she still singing "hey good looking, what you got cooking"? She sings it when she's happy.

Me. I know. It's different. The love will always be there, though.

In the meantime... I'm blinking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bRandy said...

setting fires to the neighbor's yard...now why on earth does that not surprise me? we would have been such good friends as kids-haha. at least we're catching up now...
c&v-d