E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-07-10

Weddings and Friends

This past weekend, I had an opportunity to attend a wedding. I generally don't go to weddings, opting to purchase a gift and send well wishes. Often, not making a judgment, I've peeped their relationship and observed what they "claim to have versus that which can be TRULY seen." Now I'm not saying that they don't love each other, but I am saying that marriage is not always a logical step. And most people look at it as just another step.
NOT in the case of these two..... to say they love one another is an insulting understatement. They embody the essence of what it truly means to love someone unconditionally. In addition, to say they are the air the other breathes, is not only accurate, but a thing of beauty to witness. You may never hear me say this, but I will write it... I regret little in my life, however... she makes me regret that I never truly thought of having a child. Especially a daughter. On Saturday, I felt like the crazy auntie she calls me.... And I was tearfully happy for her and all the possibilities their future brings... It is wide open. And I truly thank them for allowing me to be a small part of the beginning of the rest of their lives. But even more for the friendship which allow me to not only witness, but to be a part of it all.... And to not only pray for, but strive to have and keep that type of love in my life....

2 comments:

Raging Bull said...

Well stated and Amen!!

Ebony Stewart said...

I'd love to be the daughter you've never had...upgraded from auntie to mommy dearest (smile).
Again, you and your words- maaaannn that was HOT!
Thank you again and again.

We love you.